cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table not assigned to DataClass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found tables that not assigned dataclass in database of our ERP system.

When I saw DD09L table, many tables(they are not add-onn tables) have no datalclass data.

When I executed "Tr-cd:SE14" , I also found tables which have no dataclass data.

I think that normally, all tables in sap are assigned to some kind of dataclass.

Do you know whether this is a specification of sap?

Regards,

Naomi Yamane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Naomi,

I think it is not normal. Every table must be assigned to one TABART (in DD09L table).

There are some exception howewer, Oracle dictionary tables (owner SYS,SYSTEM) are not maintained in DD09L table. Or during SAP upgrade there are some tables that are not assigned to any TABART.

How may tables are not visible in TABART?

Regards,

János

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naomi,

The data class logically defines the tablespace where your table is stored. When you select the correct logical table type, your table is automatically assigned to the correct database area when it is created. The F1 help for data class provides information on how to select the proper value for the table.

Data class is assigned to tablespace (for data) using the TAORA table. Data class is assigned to tablespace (for indexes) using the IAORA table.

The Data class determines in which table space the table is stored when it is created in the database.

All the SAP standard tables should be assigned with a data class . List of available data classes are as explained in SAP help

Data Class (SAP Library - Tables)

Sometime during migration, such entries get misplaced and needs adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori