cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Usage Decision - Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

I have activated the Auto UD checkbox in Material master for a material.

When I create a Inspection lot & enter all the characteristics in QE53N, I select all & evaluate.

If all pass, then after evaluation - the lot shud automatically change to UD status sine Auto UD selected ?

However, the lot is still in rel status till we manually change it to UD to post goods mvmnt.

Pls guide me how to solve the above scenario so as the lot automatically changes to UD status after evaluating in QE53N (provided all data pass).

Thanks

Mudassar

SAP PM/QM Consultant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i put the time as zero hrs & zero min wating time - do i still have to run the variant or UD will be done immdtly after valuation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For automatic usage decision you have to do the following.

The automatic usage decisions are carried out by a program that is executed periodically by the job management function.

A job must be created for this purpose which is repeated at various intervals

To answer you question, you have to schedule / execute the job for automatic UD.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the time i need to maintain in the QM plant dependant settings...

waiting time ?

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mudassr SM,

You have to run the variant in any case if you want to do usage decision automatic.

If you enter Zero Time than after Inspection lot creation you will do the - Usage Decision - immediately.

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SM,

Please go through this....

The system can only make an automatic usage decision if the following conditions have been met:

No characteristic has been rejected in the inspection lot

All required characteristics have been confirmed and closed

No defect records exist for the inspection lot

An automatic usage decision has been planned for the material

The automatic usage decisions are carried out by a program that is executed periodically by the job management function.

If you want to use the function for the automatic usage decision, be sure to consider the following points:

The parameters for the automatic usage decision is defined in the Customizing application. In the QM plant settings, you define the time interval that must expire after an inspection lot is created and before an automatic usage decision can be made.

Use Programme RQEVAI30  from Auto Usage decision. CREATE variant fot it and schedule it.

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the T.code QA17 to schedule the jobs for Auto UD , Based on the time given in Plant dependent QM settings & preconditions given by Mr.Saurab Kumar system will pick the lots for UD as schedule.

SPRO-->QM-->Basic settings-->Maintain settings at plant level-->select the plant-->InsLot Completion tab-->Automatic Usage decision.