cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Bar/Line charts using Google Chart API in Syclo Agentry Mobile application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to plot a bar graph using Google chart API in the existing SAP Work Manager application.

I referred the following link which suggests to make use of Google chart APIs :http://scn.sap.com/thread/3378458

I am also came across a document which could be used where Hybrid container is being used.

I couldn't figure out if this kit can be used along with Syclo Agentry applications to plot graphs/

I have some data present under existing objects and another data table.

I wish to make use of this data and call the charting APIs.

As far as I understand, this will require us to call Google Charting APIs using JavaScript.

While creating a field on the screen with edit type as HTML, I couldn't identify an option where I could import JavaScript files and define some parameters to be used while calling the charting APIs.

Below are the screenshots where I am looking for such configuration.

Is there any other way with which I can create charts? I am currently using SAP Work manager 5.3 (Agentry 6.0) .

Appreciate your inputs on the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Request your valuable advice on the same.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Arihant,

I think the lack or responses indicates that this is an advanced topic and I know we have not implemented anything like this in our products to this point.  I am also not familiar with the procedure for setting up Javascript rules in Agentry because it has been too long since I experimented with those.  You could use an HTML control to build charts by hand.  You can build the HTML source in an update rule dynamically and then attach that rule to the control.  It will evaluate at run-time and build your chart based on your data.  Again, I haven't done this personally but that is the flexibility of the control.  You could also use an update rule to set the URL dynamically and pass dynamic parameters to the URL (Google API for example).  We do this to display maps based on address data in our products.  Experiment with getting a hard-coded URL to work, then modify it to work with dynamic rules that change based on the data you want to plot on the control.

You could also use OpenUI to build your own OS extensions using SMP 3.0 and a native development tool depending on your platform and plug them into your Agentry screens.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (0)