cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues starting IDMDispatcher on Linux..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installed IDM and am trying to start the idmdispatcher on the server locally...

Generated the script via SAP MMC on a windows machine then copied to the Linux machine after adjusting the environment variables.

hostname:idmadm 71> ./Dispatcher_Service_idmdispatcher.sh

Error: Could not find or load main class com.sap.idm.ic.services.dispatcher.MxDispatcher

hostname:idmadm 72>

???????????

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have installed the IDM runtime...

After adjustment of the DSE_HOME environment variable in the script it

seems  the "Error: Could not find or load main

class com.sap.idm.ic.services.dispatcher.MxDispatcher" error has vanished

but now were getting the below error..

./Dispatcher_Service_idmdispatcher.sh

MxDispatcher version:

7.2.00.0 Built: 22.11.2010 18:36:12 (c) Copyright

2008 SAP AG. All rights

reserved.

Java VM: Oracle Corporation Version: 1.7.0_45

Java home:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.45.x86_64/jre

Java lib/ext:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-

1.7.0.45.x86_64/jre/lib/ext:/usr/java/packages/lib/ext

CLASSPATH:

/usr/sap/idm/identitycenter:/usr/sap/idm/identitycenter/Java/mxdispatcher.jar:

Exception

in thread "main"

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

com/sap/idm/ic/services/api/log/MXMCApi_MasterLogger

at

com.sap.idm.ic.services.MCServices_Logger.setPrelogProperties(MCServices_Logger.java:33)

at

com.sap.idm.ic.services.dispatcher.MxDispatcher.main

(MxDispatcher.java:145)

Caused

by:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

com.sap.idm.ic.services.api.log.MXMCApi_MasterLogger

at

java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)

at

java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)

at

java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at

java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)

at

java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)

at

sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308) at

java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Can you please share the .sh and .prop files for the dispatcher from the LINUX server?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Attached are the files, I have made some subtle adjustments per your previous recommendations when you provided me the PROP/SH files you utilized in a virtual environment.

Please rename the attached file from *.txt to *.zip

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Looking over your files I have the following reccomendations:

1. Use Java 1.6, preferably SUN/Oracle

2. I'm guessing you're using Oracle? Use the ojdbc5.jar

3. Just as a reminder make sure all your case sensitive items and path locations are correct.  Both have bitten me you-know-where more than once.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

We altered our files and paths for the environment variables and were able to successfully load the dispatcher script and once it is loaded (on the linux server) using our Workstation (windows 7) IDM MMC install (which points to the linux server) shows status for dispatcher as "Running threads: JOB, CONDITIONS, LINK, HOUSE"

I followed the guide at the link below on page 32 (Section 3)

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001235002010E

To setup a job but when I go to the job logs it doesn't show anything in the "Job Log" as though no jobs are running... is this status of my dispatcher incorrect?

I am assuming the "Service not installed" is acceptable on my windows workstation because the scripts running on the linux server directly & does not need a service, im only interacting with it via windows idm mmc client..

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

That's great! Glad you are making some progress!

Yes, you're correct, you will not see a running service, if the dispatcher is on LINUX, nor will you see much in the way of the dispatcher log as memory serves.

Make sure your job is configured to use the new dispatcher that you have created.  If you want, when running the job, try having terminal up in your LINUX session with the dispatcher up and running in test mode.  You should see some action when you run the job.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks for the reply... Based off this information it sounds as though using a linux server to host IDM will yield limited funtionality of SAP MMC.  Is there a better way to totally exclude SAP MMC from the windows machine and do everything from a remote terminal session on the linux server, perhaps launch a GUI interface through the native support of RealVNC by redhat?

I need to be able to perform administration tasks with IDM via a GUI, we do not have the availability to spend the required time to train those expected to utilize the product on CLI.

Do you know whether what I am asking is possible?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you'll have limited success managing SAP IDM Linux resources from MMC.  This should be addressed in the 8.0 release of IDM (This fall) which will use an Eclipse based console that should offer more functionality in this area.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

This is very disheartening considering were attempting to prototype this very function of using MMC on windows to interact administratively and task wise with the linux OS IDM server.  Could you provide some links to documentation of these exact improvements were speaking of in relation to 8.0 release?  I need to be able to justify this...

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's a session coming up in the CEI series about this.

, , or can you comment on this please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Are you aware of any SAP definitive guides geared towards Linux Configuration of IDM aka scheduling jobs via CLI and using the server CLI to process all IDM related functions/activities....?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew.

Not sure what you're talking about here.  All scheduling is done through the console.  The dispatcher only does the work based on the schedule.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are starting a new
CEI-program related to developer-studio for IdM V 8.0

The new tool is based
on eclipse, and can run on any environment. This is also related to the
dispatcher and runtime, and how they are configured. I will recommend to sign
up for this.

If you are interest,
send an email to kare.indroy@sap.com,
and I will forward you to the right person.

Regards Kåre Indrøy

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

What I mean is.. all documentation which I can currently identify for configuration/administration of IDM references installation and config on a windows server via SAP MMC.

Our server infrastructure is Linux, we're keeping it Linux - is there any documentation which can guide me on how to properly configure as a full featured prototype WITHOUT SAP MMC (since it has limited functionality operating in conjunction with Linux OS - per your previous reply).....

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

If you're using IDM 7.x, you need at least one Windows Machine for administration and development.

This will change with IDM 8.0, coming out 3rd quarter. (Latest info I have)

This does not have to be installed on a Server.  Actually best practice is not to install the server in PRODUCTION.  You can install to any Windows machine that has access to NetWeaver and to the Database where IDM is installed.

Matt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed the runtime onto the Linux server?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Check the environment settings in the .sh file.

Take a look at this blog entry.

Thanks,

Matt