cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM DB Views - Can we create in SP08?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

MDM DB Views - Can we create in MDM 7.1 SP08? Please share the steps to be followed for this.

Regards,

ganga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

DB Views is not part of the standard shipment of 7.1. However it could be provided to customers by an SAP consultant on a project basis.
DB Views in SP08 aren't officially supported, you can however generate the views using a standalone java utility described in SAP Note 1556213, again please note that since It is not part of the official released MDM product it will not be supported by SAP. No enhancements or bug support will be given so my recommendation would be to upgrade to SP10+.

Please see below link that answers few important questions:

http://scn.sap.com/message/9423798#9423798

More information on DB views can be found in the MDM 7.1 SP10 Console Reference Guide in the section "Generating and Deleting MDM DB Views".

Hope this information helps!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasim,

I followed SAP note 1556213 and trying to create MDM DB Views, but getting error as

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: [US] -dbd -dbt -dbu -dbp

Any clue on this will be of immense help.

Regards,

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

I wonder if some of the supporting files are missing while you try to create DB views. What is the version of MDM and which Database are you working towards. I am not sure about the error message yet i will try to gather some info.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I have downloaded the java utility from SAP Note, have done configurations for JREpath, mdm repository related configurations and trying to run the batch file.

Regards,

Ganga

Answers (0)