cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between Integrations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have one doubt we can do the intgration by using XI and EP also. Which is the better one and which one we can use in which situation.please let me know.

Regards

khanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EP is a portal - so no integration here - only different user interface (via WWW)

XI is a middleware tool so you can do real integration with it

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

-

>>>>>EP is a portal - so no integration here - only different user interface (via WWW)

can explain it briefly. please let me know

regards

khanna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enterprise Portals and XI are different concepts altogtehter.

Enterprise Portals are a means to provice a WebBased GUI for your multiple SAP systems.

XI is an EAI tool, a middleware that is used to integrate processes.

EP is used fo real time purposes as this is user action based while XI is process oriented and is more of integrating appllication processes.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,,,, can u give me any real time scene which explains about the real time integration.please let me know

regards

khanna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Your questions are shorter than the answers you got.

Take some time and try to frame a question that actually mentions you entire requirements. Vague questions will give you vage answers and it helps nobody's cause.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khannan,,

I think your question is something like...you are expecting the one real time scenario which XI can use as middleware in that.

Let me explain a sample scenario...Let's take an example i have sone source file which i need to change the format and i need to sendt another system whic is in remote place..I can use middleware as xi and xi will take care of this.

Sour format:

First name:xyz

Middle name:lmn

Target format:

Name:XYZ,lmn

Hope my examaple will clear you.

Please let me know if u have any queries..!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandu,,,

Actually when i asked the query when we need xi and where we need xi in earlier questions, some of the experts gave some usefull answers.But now what iam asking is post me one scenario which wil give the complete overview on the issue why do we need xi.This should certify why we need xi in the real time . please let me know more.

Regards

khanna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Khanna

Even without XI we can have integrations possible. The justification of XI lies on its simplicity in delveoping interfaces, monitoring, alerts etc....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,,,

As u told that Integration is possible with out XI also.Can u clear me in this.please let me know how can we do it and all.

Regards

khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

then it becomes point to point to integation. where SAP R/3 connects with Oracle or mainframe flat file is read into sap

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

EP is like interface for the application.

EP Purpose

The EP usage type contains the following components:

Portal: Serves as the front end of SAP NetWeaver, offering a single point of access to SAP and non-SAP information sources, enterprise applications, information repositories, databases and services in and outside the enterprise—all integrated into a single user experience.

Knowledge Management: Provides role-based access to unstructured information from various data sources. The unstructured information can be in many forms, such as text documents, presentations and HTML files, and can be viewed via iViews in the portal.

Knowledge Management makes use of the standalone engine TREX to perform search and classification operations.

Collaboration: Provides services that help communication and cooperation among colleagues and others in the enterprise. Services include virtual rooms, groupware integration, asynchronous and real-time collaboration tools.

Guided Procedures: Provides a framework for modeling and managing processes that involve access to multiple backend systems. It enables runtime collaboration and execution of ad-hoc items, as well as invocation of different types of applications and services within a process. The framework implements role-based access to tools, resources and process steps.

XI is a middleware that we use for data integration.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan