cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachements in CCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I have a question, if attachements can be added to catalog item(CCM 2.0), for example in PDF form. I need to give purchasers more specific info about the purchasing item. attachements sounds like a good idea but I am not sure if it is possible.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Jaroslav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaroslav,

Right now the CCM 2.0 can support only to PDF Document and JPG images.

I dont think it is possible to upload some multimedia content like audio files and video files.

My be this feature is available with MDM Catalog lets see.

With regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

thank you, i am glad that it does support PDF format. Could u please give me some hint regarding customizing or setting?

Thanks Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaroslav,

Pls see this link

Upload your PDF Documents in MIME Repository in your Catalog System.

with file Type :PDF File (Adobe Acrobat Exchange/Reader) then add the file name and description to Catalog Characteristic eg:ITEM_DESCRIPTION_FILE#/CCM/MIME_TYPE

ITEM_DESCRIPTION_FILE#/CCM/DESCRIPTION

(or)

To Include Images and pdf documents

You use this function to include images and pdf documents in your catalog system . These images are displayed in SAP Catalog Search Engine.

You include images in your catalog by specifying the URL where the image is stored. You cannot include the image files themselves in the catalog. The information required to display an image is contained in the complex characteristic ATTACHMENT, which consists of the characteristics /CCM/DESCRIPTION and /CCM/URL.

You can fill the ATTACHMENT characteristic by:

Uploading the data to the supplier catalog

Entering the data manually in the master catalog or in a procurement catalog

Prerequisites

The catalog in which you want to include images must contain the ATTACHMENT characteristic.

You can create the ATTACHMENT characteristic in two ways:

You can upload the characteristic using CSV 2.0 format or using the XML format that corresponds to the SAP message type CatalogueUpdateNotification.

Once you have triggered the creation of the ATTACHMENT characteristic in the supplier catalog, you can:

Upload the description and URL for the images to the supplier catalog using any of the supported formats for SAP Catalog Authoring Tool (CSV1.0, CSV2.0, BMEcat, eCX XML, or the XML format that corresponds to the SAP message type CatalogueUpdateNotification)

Map the characteristic to the master catalog and procurement catalogs to enable you to fill the characteristic manually

With regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

That's an excellent answer.I am new to CCM.I have a similar question.My case we uploaded a catalog and now we need to add images and URLs for that catalog.I added /CCM/ATTACHMENT charaterstic to the schema and added images and URLs to the catalog file and uploaded the schema and catalog file,but I cant see the Images and URLs for that items in the supplier catalog.Do I need to add /CCM/PICTURE#/CCM/URL,CCM/PICTURE#/CCM/MIME_TYPE, /CCM/PICTURE#/CCM/DESCRIPTION also in the schema file. You said that we can add the images and URLs manually in the Master Catalog,How can we do that?Plz give some suggestions.

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You need to maintain the Attachment characteristic in Supplier catalog and Master catalog and Purchase Catalog.

Upload the Items file with the information of URL, Description.

If you already done the mapping the Items information goes to Master Catalog then it goes to Purchase Catalog.

In Purchase Catalog you need to select the View options for the Attachment OCI Parameter.

You can watch the Picture only from Purchase Catalog and only in CSE after Publishing.

With Regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh.

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the suggestions.Mahesh, I didnt get the

In Purchase Catalog you need to select the View options for the Attachment OCI Parameter.

After I maintain the /CCM/ATTACHMENT Characteristic in the supplier,master and procurement catalog.Do i need to create a view for this characteristic for the role and assign this view to role in EBP?Sorry If i ask the basics,I am new to CCM.Plz give u r suggestions.Mahesh can i get u r personal email id plz,I just want to speak to u.

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

No, you dont need to create any view for this characteristic.

I just informed you to select the View option of this attachment in the Catalog.

My person email id is maheshmadasu@gmail.com

Pls award points if you feel the information has helped you.

With regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh.Your Information has helped me a lot.I didnt posted this question,so I may not award you points.I awarded you full points for other questions.

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

This means that you cannot upload a word or excel document as attachment for CCM 2.0?

We tried to do it, but the upload doesn't work, system always gives error messages.

I'm right?

Regards,

Caroline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Whcih SAP versions are you using ?

<u>Refer to the links.</u>

<b>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul