Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make SAPSID available to be used as Configuration Item / IBase

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are configuring a VAR PCOE setup in Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 08.

We need to have a functionality for a message reporter to select the SAPSID of the affected system to be selected from the Configuration Item Search-help menu.

As a result the associated IBase of the SAPSID will appear in the IBase field. This would enable the Support Team to determine the affected SAP system.

I am unable to find a document with the details to achieve the same.

Please suggest the transaction / steps to achieve the same.

Screen-shot attached for your reference. Login ID is assigned BRole SOLMANREQU (mandatory, no other BRole can be used as an alternative).

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan,

For authorization issue please check note 1926788 - VAR Key User able to see IBase of all the customers using SOLMANREQU Business role - Solut... and auth. object SM_SDK_IBA.

Some more information about configuration item you can find here and here 

BR,

K.

Message was edited by: Kamil Kubrak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

IB_GEN did the charm for me!

SAP Note# 1926788 - VAR Key User able to see IBase of all the customers using SOLMANREQU Business role - Solut... was not required in my case either.

Thanks Kamil for the related links.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanmeya,

Your issue is not very clear to me. can you explain with an example?

Below note will only restrict the Key users not to see IBASE of other customers.

1926788 - VAR Key User able to see IBase of all the customers using SOLMANREQU Business role - Solut...

Thanks

Vikram

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram,

Thanks for your reply.

My requirement is that while a Customer Key User is creating an VAR Incident (SMIV), on one of the selection screen (screenshot attached in the original post) there is an option of IBase &/or Configuration Items to be selected regarding the affected system against which the Incident needs to be created.

Now in case of VAR, it is mandatory to keep the IBase field read-only, thus a functionality needs to be set-up that the IBase is determined by the value of the Configuration Item specified/selected.

I want these values to be related to the SID of the affected system.

Could you help me to find where these Configuration Items are defined / specified to be available in the F4 search-help at the selection screen while creating the Incident.

Currently this drop-down list / F4 search help is empty.

I can see that the customer system SID(s) maintained in IB52 for SOL_MAN_DATA_REP by the job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT

Best Regards,

Tanmeya