cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can different working calendars be set and used in Project system

0 Kudos

Actually we are going through implementation of SAP Project system, i would like to ask whether there is an option in SAP PS to set different working/factory calendars and use them for individual activity like Primavera. Because at some places there is 5 days working and at places 6 says working. Also holidays are different for different people/places. A uniform calendar for all activities can spoil the schedule of project in regard of planned finish dates when one enters a certain duration.

Kindly clarify this for me

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

As a reference, go through this thread,

Factors Influencing Scheduling - Dates - SAP Library

In addition to this and as mentioned above by Saurabh, there are some good threads available that talk about this. The threads carry a good amount of information and am sure it will help you.

Please search the forum.

Best Regards,

Gokul

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible to use plant calender,factory calender,work center calender in projects. There is a predefined level also of them. Please search more on it in the forum. There are some good threads on its use,application and priority.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Further to what Sanjeev has added after making the required changes using scal transaction, if at all the business wish to analyze the activities for which different factory calendar id's have been assigned within the same project you can differentiate the activities based on control keys as well.

Please let me know if this helps you,

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

You can assign different factory calendar's at activity, work center, plant.

For scheduling purpose the activity factory calendar have priority over work center factory calendar. and work center factory calendar have priority over Plant Factory Calendar

vijay

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adbul,

As stated by others, you can have different Factory calendars and assign them to work centers separately

At activity Level you can't Maintain different Factory Calendars, it can be done only at work center level

Hope it is clear

thanks

santosh

0 Kudos

Hi...

when defining internal activities in the project you use a work center. Therefore you can work with the calendars of each one of the work centers you have in your project and manage them accordingly.

Hope it helps

Panagiotis

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but you can execute SCAL transaction where you can create and assign holiday or working days and non working days then use new created factory calendar when you going to create project in project builder logically it should be work first test it cos i never tested it before.

Regards,

Sanjeev