cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Planning Area Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a situation where SNP process chain is running with steps related to Macro calculations and DB alerts.

At the same time when the steps related to macros start, we have another process chain in BW system getting triggered which takes the back up of SNP planning area with different aggregation levels of LORE, MALO and MALORE.

So, when the 2 chains are processing on the same SNP planning area (Macros/DB Alerts & SNP to BW backup) we are not seeing any process chain failures. Could anyone give me some pointers as how the SNP planning area lock works and will there be no issues if the above mentioned jobs are in parallel for the same planning area.

I could get more information on different types of locks on DP planning area lock and their functionalities, but for SNP planning area lock there is only "LiveCache  lock" in SNP planning area. Will the livecahce lock doesn't affect the above process?

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As per my understanding If you are changing something in the planning area it'll put a lock on that selection , if you are not extracting data fro back it wont lock the PA.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Thanks for your reply. Will the SNP planning area be locked even for DB alerts generation. And as I said there is SNP planning area extraction happening in BW at the same time. So just wondering if there will be no effect on the SNP planning area macro calculations when we have SNP extraction happening in BW.

@ Raghu: Thanks for the reply. And there are no users in the system during the whole process.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

This is how we have tackled the issue:

Step 1 in Process Chain-Message tousers to log out or get into display mode

Step 2 in Process Chain-ABAP program to 'Wait for 5 minutes'

Step 3 in Process Chain-ABAP program to 'lock' the planning area

Steps 4,5,6 etc-Execute the remaining steps in the Process chain

Last Step-ABAP program to 'unlock' the planning area..

We have 7 different planning areas in DP and SNP. We use the same program with different variants for different plan ning areas...

Thanks,

Subash