cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget amount is differe with two different report for the same project and wbs

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need your valuable input for the below my quires:

The total value of Budget column is differ with  below two different  report for the same project in production system.

1. 1.Report 1 :S_ALR_87013558 - Costs -> Budget-Related -> Budget/Actual/Commitment/Rem Plan/Assigned

2- Financials -> Costs -> Budget-Related -> Budget/Actual/Varianc

But if we compere the same two reports with  same project code in production copy system (all the business transaction remain same) total amount in

budget column  remain same.

is it standard  system behavior ? if not how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna

Check the Reporting currency for both the reports like Object Currency, Controlling Area Currency

Regards

Praveen B.K

0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

We are using one currencies only for all the area.

Thanks.

With regards,

V.Krishnamoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishnamoorthy,

Also check report.

CJI8 - Display Project Budget Line items

This will show you line item wise report for Budget.

Regards

Tushar

0 Kudos

Dear Tushar,

As per CJI8 report, the release budget amount is  $79,73,309.(enable to attached excel sheet)  but in cj33 the release amount $ 86,39,634 .There is difference to the extent of $6,66,325. The exact amount is updated in reminder column,  which could not understand how is calculated.

Thanks.

With regards,

V.krishnamoorthy

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please execute CJEN transaction for the concerned project and then check again.

Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

We did already,but no luck, the out come of two reports remain same.

Thanks.

With regards,

V.Krishnamoorthy

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Can you clear some points;

1. which is the correct fig of budget from screen shot 1 or 2 ?

&   2.is that correct fig matches with the current budget column from either in CJ31 or CJ33?

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

The correct budget amount is $ 8,639,634

CJ31

cj33

And also what is main difference between total of years and overall values in budget report.

Thanks.

With regards,

V.Krishnamoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In S_ALR_87013558 report click on the last column icon (CNTL + SHIFT+F6) to view the over all budget and compare with the second report.

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

From your screen shot it seen as you are using both Annual as well as Overall budgeting in budget profile.So you see different values for reports; but those are correct fig under corresponding heads, one with Total annual value and other with Overall value. I think your annual & overall budget figures are not same.

Follow this link for overall & annual budget values meaning

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/b9/3ea122417c11d189400000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think (2) report is showing the sum of annually assigned value. and (1) i.e. S_ALR_87013558 is showing the overall value on WBS. Check that in CJ31/CJ33 for current budget column. Select annually assigned values by selecting Annual overview option and match with (2) report.

Now

KRISHNA MOORTHY wrote:

And also what is main difference between total of years and overall values in budget report.

Overall : Budget assigned on overall basis means not yearly

Total of years: Sum of annually assigned budget (e.g. sum of 2011+2012+2013 budget)

Regards

Shishir

0 Kudos

Dear Shishir,

Budget assigned means before releasing or after releasing the budget?

Thanks in advance for your more inputs.

With regads,

V.Krishnamoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget assigned->Before Release i.e. in CJ31

After releasing is different that is called released budget.

Regards

Shishir