cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Document to be shift to other customer accounts with same invoice number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a long period of time we were maintaining different projects and site of a customer in a single account.

Now there is a requirement to distribute individual invoices to respective individual customer accounts for that site or project.

But doing that we also want to shift the invoices with following:

1) invoice numbers should be same (as it was generate originally)

2) Keep the same purchase order number

3) keep the same date of the invoice (as it was raise in the main accounts)

4) Keep the same salesperson

5) after doing step 1 to 4, we also want to close the main account by offsetting entries to avoid duplications.

After practicing above, we want the following result:

1) individual statement of accounts with the same invoice dates, Purchase Order Number and saleman reference.

best regards,

adnan abbasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

christian_rosa
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Adnan,

I haven't understood either.

You maintained different projects and site of a customer in a single account

and you are going to distribute invoices to respective customer accounts. If

you can give an example it would be benefitial for understanding.

How do you know the correct mapping ?

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We knew by their PURCHASE ORDER NUMBERS and to separate them from each other,

we will make a manual list in EXCEL to upload in the SYSTEM.

customer code: 55555 (merge account for all projects and sites):

invoice     date           assignment/LPO    value

1111     12.12.2012   proj1/00001            4000.00

1112     13.12.2012   proj2/00002            3500.00

1113      14.12.2012  proj1/00002            2300.00

1114      14.12.2012  proj3/00001            1500.00

1115      15.12.2012  proj2/00003            1300.00

from above we know with reference to LPO that there are 3 projects, so we will make excel sheet for 3 projects as:

excel sheet1:

1111   12.12.2012 proj1/00001     4000.00

1113    14.12.2012 proj1/00002    2300.00

excel sheet2:

1112   13.12.2012   proj2/00002    3500.00

1115    15.12.2012  proj2/00003    1300.00

excel sheet3:

1114  14.12.2012  proj3/00001     1500.00

now to upload in the system I want to make 3 new accounts:

55556 (for project1)

55557 (for project2)

55558 (for project3)

but problem it that we want to keep date and invoice number exactly the same as originally booked in customer account no. 55555.

regards,

adnan

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adnan, the invoices are legal documents, so we can't just "switch" the same document from one account to another while retaining the same document number and date. Hypothetically you could, of course, write a program and update some fields directly in the database, but I doubt this would be legal.

Like I said, in SD we can only cancel an invoice and issue a new one. On the FI side it is likely possible to transfer balance from one account to another (e.g. companies get bought and sold all the time) and note the original document # in some reference field. You might want to post a question in FI forum on this.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand the question - it might be beneficial to explain the goal in simple SAP terms. Are you trying to change the Sold-to/Bill-to account number in the billing documents that have already been posted to accounting? This might be more of an FI question in such case. On the SD side other than cancelling an invoice and re-billing (which would not fit the same # requirement and might not even be feasible for the closed periods) there is not much could be done. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the consideration!

My goal is to distribute old invoice that were made in single account to individual specific accounts.

Purpose for doing above is to maintain customer credit limit and ageing and to provide more flexibility to company business. For this we can not change the old invoices like 3 years outstanding invoices with the new one. Here our emphasis is to monitor the customer ledger systematically instead of manually.

And most important is that we want to keep both SD and FI systems synchronized by avoid any difference between them.

Hope that you have clear picture now.

regards,

adnan abbasi

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure if I understand it. Maybe one solution is transfer by payments some items (payment companies) to other companies related with different credit control areas (tcode OB38). Maybe you would need a lot of enhancements to manage it (in F110 also).

Remember SAP Note 377165 - Update open credit values for credit management, in the last lines, when it says that credit limit is reduced when incoming payment occurs (in this company)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Some ideas, first, try with customizing tools, if it doesn't work, then try with enhancements.

First, do a splitting for step 1. In the copy rules, moreover populate the fields and mantain the date for invoicing. See SAP Note 11162 - Invoice split criteria in billing document for further details. To achieve your desired FI document, try with summarization FI. See SAP Note 36353 - AC interface: Summarizing FI documents for further details.

If something doesn't work, during the SD-FI interface, try with enhancements. See Note 301077 - User exits for the interface to accounting. See also Note 611040 - Down payment invoice for Italy to check how to use the former enhancements (userexit 008).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo