cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by same certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We have PO 7.31 – SP10 with Java 1.7 update 51 (Development environment), and my colleagues and I, we are facing sometime to a common error: "JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by same certificate" when we open ESR or I.D.

I already read blogs, plus several threads on the forum... but nothing helped me even after following them. I still have some question why we are unable to access the ESR or I.D.

I did the following actions on MY workstation:

1. In Java tool (javaws), I cleaned Java temporary files.
  2. In Java tool (javaws), I cleaned the SAP certificates.
  3. In Integration Builder's Administration, for ESR and ID, I used button "re-initialization and force-signing" (note "re-initialization" was not enough as per some blogs).
  4. After these the application opens, almost ~50 to 90 Minutes later. But if we close the application and try to reopen the same applications we are unable to do it. And we are getting the same above error. Unable to launch the application and the error detail is as mentioned in the description.
  5. We have also refered SAP Note : 1981572 which was released recently.

Can anyone help me in solving the issue faced, by providing me your expertise knowledge. Or if you guys have faced this errorcan you please let me know how have you solved this.

Regards.

Nitin Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Does the system have all the required patches as per note 1981572? There are some Java patches required here also, not only PI patches.

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the response!!

I checked with Basis and they told the latest patches as mentioned in the note are not updated in the server yet.

Before asking them to deploy the patches, i just want to make sure with that installation, our problem will get resolved.OR do i need to check some other settings as well?

Also, you mentioned about the Java patches. May i know where can i get those patches from?

Regards,

Nitin Rao

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

SAP have changed the certificates used to launch the Integration Builder tools. To resolve the error, you need to ensure all of the below components are at the latest Patch Level (PL) for your 7.31 SP10 release:

1) SAP_XITOOL

2) SAP_XIESR

3) SAP_XIGUILIB

4) CORE-TOOLS - this is the Java area Software Component which requires patching.

Check this blog for a little more info: Change in certificates used to launch Integration Builder

The patches are available from the Service Marketplace. Your Basis team should know how/where to get these.

The notes below contain info about the Software Components, dependencies and SAP's recommendations when deploying any single patch. Basis should be aware of these also.

1335523 FAQ: Deployment PI Patches in Release 7.1 and higher
1381878 How/where to check the patch levels of your XI/PI system
1746599 The difference between a PI Support Pack and a Patch

1794179 Importing AS Java Core patches for NetWeaver 7.1 or higher

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I have some good but strange news. I asked my BASIS folks to do as per your suggestions but they observed a strange thing. ESR and ID was been able to access from another location but not in a local systems were we worked. We did some R&D and to test we considered the Sandbox environment, and Restore the Archives and Generated the Signatures in the Java Web Start Administration. And post which we restarted the server. At to our suprize the system started responding within a minute (first time almost 10 minutes). Both ESR and ID. We continued the same activity for the development environment, and it also started behaving same. Its quite strange that we did the same activity in the initial stage and it did not work and now it started working!!!

Now, i have two questions for you:

1. Since the systems are now working smoothly, is it really necessary for us to go for an Patch Upgrade as per your suggestion?

2. Will there be an impact to the system if we do not go for an upgrade, if yes, what?

The reason i am posting these questions is because we need to educate the folks who actually does the upgrade as they are telling us since it is working fine lets not disturb the system .

Many thanks for your help and knowledge sharing.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

1. Since the systems are now working smoothly, is it really necessary for us to go for an Patch Upgrade as per your suggestion?

- yes, you have implemented a temporary solution here i.e. generating a dummy signature for the certificate by doing the Restore the Archives and Generated the Signatures. If you deploy a new patch for any of the concerned components, the SAP signed signature will then be used. Then you will hit the error accessing the Integration Builder.

2. Will there be an impact to the system if we do not go for an upgrade, if yes, what?

- apart from the issue described above, which is liable to occur at any time, you are also at a slight security risk by using the dummy signature and not the SAP signed signature. So, it is advisable to apply all the patch fixes asap.

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks to all.. We have SAP PO 7.4 SP 05 system and were getting the same issue after applying some patches.

We applied few more patches as mentioned in note 1981572 .

And  also renamed repository directory inside

K:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\javaws and restarted system.

When we launch ESR, this repository folder is created again with all the jar files.

Thanks,

Roohi