cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic data flow from sales order to delivery and vice-versa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of our teams working for a client (transportation industry) on ECC 6.0 is facing an issue in relation to copying of partner data. (Ship-to-party address field changes to be precise)

Currently, whenever the partner address data changed in a Sale order, though delivery is already created prior to this change, the change done is dynamically getting reflected in delivery too. Further, if the partner data in the delivery is changed, this also is getting updated on the preceding document i.e. sales order.

We have checked the copy controls under VTLA and didn’t find any specific modifications made in this regard. Our question is:

Is there any configuration available in standard SAP through which the data updates (like header data viz. partner field data etc.) get dynamically updated forward and backwards in a sales flow(i.e. from sales order to delivery and vice-versa)

Your help on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jagan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 if the partner data in the delivery is changed, this also is getting updated on the preceding document i.e. sales order.

The standard functionality is if you change the address of a partner function, the same will get reflected in an existing sale order.  This being the case, can you reconfirm your statement that in delivery, if you change the partner function, the same will get updated in sale order also?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

The business has confirmed a peculiar way of updating partner information for one of their templates. (Not sure how they achieved this though)

Coming back to your question, yes, the change is reflecting even backwards (from delivery to sales order).

Anyways, this being neither a stnadard configuration or a regular requirement in general, I am closing this thread for now.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jagan