cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can different working calendars be set and used in Project system

0 Kudos

Actually we are going through SAP project system implementation, i am on client side and i want to confirm whether there is an option in SAP PS that different working calendars be set, like Primavera, where different working calendars are customized in master list and then assigned to relevant activity. Because at some places 5 days working is a practice while at some places 6 days. So each activity has to be assigned relevant calendar based on which it records planned finish date just by giving the duration of activity. Also holidays in a year also vary from place to place. Using just a single working calendar would misguide the planner.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure different factory calenders through SCAL and assign these at the plant level through OX10 transaction.

If we have a project being worked at different plants, the factory calender assigned to the plant gets pulled and you can process the work based on the local calender.

hope this helps.

thanks

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes

as per site location or location of projects calendars can be created in system with transaction code SCAL

you can set different holiday calendars based upon the requirements.

i would also go along with Adam and Gerry both as both are right.

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Abdul Karim Khatri

Read note note 151551 for activity scheduling / Calenders

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, that is possible.

But remember only in internal activity and here are few conditions which you need consider.

If you have work center and plant and calendar in the activity there is a dependancy in priorities which calendar will be taken into account as first:

1. First is calendar in the activity,

2. The second is a calendar in the work center assigned to activity,

3. The third is a calendar assigned to plant assigned to activity.

Hope this help