cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one class type for a Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement of using a Material for Variant configuration. So we need to assign Class type 300 for that Material.

But that Material is Batch managed. So Class type 023 is already assigned. I am unable to extend the Material to Class type 300.

I searched forum, it is given that, it is possible to maintain different Class types for a Material.

But I tried, I couldn't do that.

Please help me to extend a Material to another Class type.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

You can maintain different classes for same material.

Go to material master and go to Classification view. Go to Extras->Change class type (F7)
Now you can add a class of different class type.

Please see below snapshots for more details.

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reponse.

You mean to say, by changing the class type, we can maintain different class type for a material.

I tried to maintain it. First I selected Class type 023 with some class and saved the material. Again in MM02, I maintained Class type 300 and maintained some class.

But here you mean to say, both the class type will be active for the material.

But I am able to see only one Class type at a time.

Please suggest whether it is ok.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Message was edited by: Durai Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

You will see one class at a time in material master. If you want switch the class you need to see then please change it via the following path on the classification screen.

=> Extras -> Change classtype.

Regards

Amber

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

it is ok. Both class types are active with the assigned classes. You can e.g. display them with MM03 and with the change class type button or menu to ensure both are there. In the popup you can choose the class type and you will see the classes.

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in the table INOB, where we can see the Material number and corresponding Class types assigned to Material.

In the Material, we couldn't all the Class types in a single screen.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Please review KBA 1547034 to see how the values are stored. Please use INOB_CUOBJ.

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Wishes to become a Platinum.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

it is possible to assign different classes with different class types for a material. You need to go to the Classification tab then near the Class Type field there is a button calles: Other Class Type. If you press it then you can assign another class.

Best regards

Tamas

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi