cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non PO Spend by Category report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would like to clarify the following. We have 'Non PO Spend by Category' report in SPM 3.0. It compares the total spend vs spend without PO reference. My question is, since invoice which does not have PO reference cannot be linked to a category, how is the non-po invoices identified for a category?

Could someone please provide an explanation?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Madhur Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michaelwaugh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

You are correct that in SPM an Invoice that has no PO associated with it will not have an Item (Material) or Source System Category (0XARLOCCAT- Material Group) associated with it as they come from the PO.

SPM is designed to work with raw (ERP) and enriched data. SAP has a data enrichment service offering called Spend Visibility Basic for SPM that provides Supplier enrichment (Supplier De duplication and Parent-Child linkage) as well as Spend Classification.

The OOTB content uses the enriched dimensions (Supplier and Category) vs the raw dimensions (SSys. Supplier and SSys Category).

This is why you will not see any results in the OOTB Non PO Spend by Category report until the enriched Category field is populated.

Kind regards,

Michael Waugh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response. This is what I thought as well.

Best regards,

Madhur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

You said "since invoice which does not have PO reference cannot be linked to a category".

Category is a field in Invoices Table and Purchase Order Table.

Kind Regards,

John Harris

Senior Support Engineer, SAP Active Global Support,

SAP America, Inc., 1001 Summit Blvd, #2100, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA