cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Database Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are plan to Migrate our BW server 7.2 ( under oracle 11.2 database )  to HANA database.

BW system Hardware is normal ( not HANA supported hardware ) we purchase separate hardware related to SAP HANA

1. What is the procedure to Migrate oracle database to HANA with Minimum downtime

2. Both ( Current BW system and HANA machine are different Architecture and Physically in different machine then How can we migrate from SUM with DMO

Because are per different document I read, they can not clear that SUM with DMO process running with same server our BW and HANA server is    different physical machine

kindly guide me what is the procedure with my scenario where BW and HANA are different physical servers

Regrads

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

muzavor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Shahid,

Inorder to migrate BW on AnyDB(Oracle,DB2...) to HANA DB we can use the DMO option which is the part of the SUM tool.

Generally to migrade any SAP Application from AnyDB to AnyDB we have meet the minimum requirements of the Target and perform some task where will need a downtime. These include

1) Unicode Conversation

2) SAP Upgrade of the Application Components in the source system

3) DB Upgrade of the Source system.

4) Dual Stack Split

Once the above are satisfied then we need to perform

1) System Copy Export

2) Copy the exported files to the Target system

3) System Copy Import

This would result in two live system

1) Original source system with source DB

2) New Migrated System with NewDB

Using the DMO option of SUM we perform Upgrade & Migrate in one step, there by having only one downtime. One of the major feature of DMO is that we do not have to upgrade the DB.

The result of the DMO option in SUM is that the DB of the SAP Application is migrated from AnyDB to HANA DB. The SAP application will continue to run on the original host where it was running prior to migration.

DMO does not move the SAP Application to HANA Appliance/Hardware.

The below links provide the complete information required for using DMO option of SUM Tool

Hope that gives some insight regarding the Migration using DMO.

Regards

Arshad