cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry 6.0.38

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a transaction screen that allows the Intermec device to perform scanning of barcodes for several scannable fields.   During testing,  I've noticed that sometime during the scanning the application would put the value of the scanning field into another scanning field on the same screen.

Anybody runs into this issue?   How do you correct it?   To me this is an issue within Agentry itself....

-Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

This problem is pretty shweeet.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah tell me about it.   How do you unsweetened it?  lol

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thomas,

When you have multiple barcode scan fields on a screen in Agentry the client actually maintains a separate scan focus that is independent from the input focus (blinking cursor).

When the screen is first displayed the scan focus will be the first barcode scan field on the screen (based on the field order in the editor not as displayed on the screen).  When you scan a barcode it will be placed in that field and the scan focus will automatically switch to the next barcode scan field in the list repeating the process until it reaches the last barcode scan field on the screen.  When the last field receives a scan input the scan focus will wrap around and go back to the first field on the screen.

This can be somewhat misleading because if you tap on a field, see the cursor blinking in that field and press the hardware scan button the value may go to a different field based on the scan focus.

The way to force a scan value into a particular field is to make sure your barcode fields are set to Show Scan Button on the scanner tab in the Editor field properties.  This will display the barcode scan button that if pressed to activate the scanner will force the scan focus to that field so that the value will go where you expect. 

I believe that it then automatically moves the scan focus to the next field in the list but am not positive on that.

So depending on how your screen is setup it may be working exactly as designed.

Hope this helps unsweeten it for you.  😉

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.   It weird that the order of the input fields and scanning fields work that way but based on your answers it seemed like there is a work around. 

-Thomas

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I agree it can be confusing.  I suspect in part it is due to the fact that you can define your barcode scan fields to not accept keyboard input which then means you can't rely on the input focus to determine where the value should be placed.

We had at one time requested an enhacement to better indicate visually what field had the scan focus but it hasn't progressed forward yet.

--Bill