cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 supported windows CE devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know if devices with OS Windows CE 6.0 are supported for SAP AFARIA 7.0? I have read the documentation and the PAM and always describe as supported Windows CE devices the following:

•Windows CE 5.0
•Windows CE 4.2
•Windows CE 4.1

Now, I have on my device inventory some with Windows CE 6.0 Operative System. I just want to know if I can manage those devices with AFARIA 7. I'll wait for your kind answers

Best Regards,

MC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Windows CE 6/7 are supported in Afaria 7.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Darling where do you find on the documentation this? Are you positively sure?? My doubt is because I could not find this type of Windows CE Devices listed neither documentation nor PAM. I just want to be sure about this... I assume if the devices with WINCE 5 are supported... then the devices with WINCE 6 must be... but it is confusing from the doc point of view.

BR,

MC

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I found this document but it says Afaria 7 SP04 supports till Windows CE 5.0

DocCommentXchange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeap , indeed I have the same documentation you posted and it does not says anything about the support of Windows CE 6.0. So that is why I'm asking, because I would like to monitor Windows devices (PDT) on AFARIA, but I have ones with Win CE 6 operative system and ones with Win Mobile 6.5. I know for sure the devices with Win Mobile 6.5 are supported by AFARIA, because the documentation says so, but for the other ones does not says anything at all...

Can you help me on this question please???

Regards,

MC

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Maria, I do remember a lot of questions with Afaria 7+windows CE 6/7 in frontline.sybase.com/support/knowledgebase.aspx. You can have a look at the knowledgebase

Midhun VP

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana

As you noted from the System Requirements, Afaria currently supports WinCE 4.1, 4.2 and 5.0.

The issue with WinCE is, it is customized by each vendor for every device, this makes it a significant validation task to declare support for a version, as functionality will vary across devices.

I know we have had some customers test the Afaria Client on WinCE 6.5 and 7.0 with Motorola and Intermec devices.  You are welcome to try deploying Afaria (it should install on ARM devices), but you should be aware that it would not be officially supported and certain functionality may not work as expected or indeed at all.

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , yes but the WinCE question on METS was focused on the supported OS (4.1, 4.2 and 5), my question was about the support for WinCE 6 on AFARIA 7, which has not be listed on the documentation nor PAM. Thanks anyway, I think Nick has a point 😉

BR,

MC

Answers (0)