cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use Create_Steam inside Create_deep_entity ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Netweaver Experts,

Has any body tried using Binary stream creation inside deep entity creation process ?

Please share your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

I have not tried this. However when i think about this the below questions arises in my mind.

Firstly I am very doubtful about firing Create operation with an Entity which can Handle both Media Content & Data ( Header & their Items ).

How can we specify Content_Type here ? i.e., for example application/pdf for Media Content & application/json or xml for the Data which we are passing.

Will GW accepts both the Content Types in a single operation in the Headers that we pass? I dont think so. We have to try how exactly GW behaves in this case and i don't think it will allow.

Now lets consider we some how fired Create Operation with the above set up.

Now how the Call goes to Create_Deep_Entity and also Create_Stream at one shot ? How GW knows where to delegate the call ? i dont think GW can do this.

Lets say now some how both Media Content got Uploaded & also Data got Posted.

Now how Can we perform Read to get Media Content & our Deep Data as well with the Entity which we have created to handle both Media & Data ?

The way we read Media Content is Different ( Get_Stream with Special Semantics )  & the way we Read Data ( Get_Entity ) is different. I dont think this is possible.

All these are my questions & my opinions.

I am open for suggestions & corrections if anything is wrong here as i could share things to the best of my knowledge.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

Yesterday i was trying to perform the same. Initially i thought to give a try calling Create-steam inside Create_Deep_entity. while performing content header addition to the GW client, the xml content got cleared when i attached a file. I dont know if this is possible from frontend UI. One thing is sure in GWclient i could not do it.

Whatever points you have mentioned, i had already tried in yesterday. Unsuccessful. Thanks for your opinion. Hope one day I see solution to this.

Answers (0)