cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment using shelf life and T-lane calendar usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 questions related to APO SNP for which I am looking for answers.

1. Does deployment heuristics in SNP respect shelf life? If not any ideas on how to consider shelf life when we run the deployment.

2. What is use of transportation calendar and transportation resource in transportation lane? Why was this option of calendar if we have the ability to add calendar in the transportation resource it self? Is it possible to ask SNP to create STRs based on calendar in the T-lane? We have requirement where we want SNP to consider the transportation calendar when creating the STRs. As of now my understanding is that T-lane calendar is being condisered for only planning the transit time.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Shelf life is not considered in SNP, however the shelf life information can be propagated to the orders created by SNP through dynamic pegging relations.

please refer below link for more details:

Considering Shelf Life Data in SNP - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

SNP optimizer considers Shelflife while planning, by not planning over the stock on hand required at any point in time.

please refer below link for details:

Stock Planning - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

2. Shipping, receiving, transportation calendars all have different purpose. Shipping calendar is considered at source to determine possible shipment start dates, receiving calendar is considered at destination to determine possible receiving dates at destination, and transportation calendar is for determining working days for the transport resource. So all the 3 calendars are  used for scheduling the transfer order in SNP heuristic, depending on which are maintained.

Regards

Abihshek Rai