Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Search Help from ECC to PPM

nishant_jain3
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a requirement to get the data from ECC and use it in F4 help in custom fields in Portfolio Item.

We can achieve it by calling an RFC FM and read the database table to get the data and use it in PPM.

For Ex. field CSKS-KOSTL is having standard search help in ECC.

is there any way to use this search help in PPM ? what is the efficient way for F4 help without using Select * from table ?

I tried using the FM 'RHF4_RFC_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST' but getting error as its not able to display the abap screen.

Thanks

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nishant,

As I understand from your post, you have a PPM system installed and another ECC somewhere else. Basically, when calling the F4 in PPM you want to extract the data from the other system via RFC. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Tudor

nishant_jain3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tudor/Rabi

KOST search help is not available in PPM. Yes, when calling F4 in PPM, I want to extract data from ECC via RFC.

there are many other fields as well which are not there in PPM, but I want that data in F4 help.

Thanks,

Nishant

rabikiran_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

If you are using that custom field in PPM i.e. webdynpro abap then you can use the standard search help KOST directly , Can you give more information where you are facing the issue.

Thanks,

Rabi