cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software for viewing an attachment in Syclo Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a Syclo Service Manager version 3.0 application which has a functionality of attaching file in the application.

The file is getting attached in the application but we are not able to view it in the application.

The view button is working buit nothing appears on the screen of the attachment.

Is there any particular software available for syclo service manager which supports viewing of attachment?

If yes please let me know.

Thanks

Star

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Viewing of attachments is dependent on the host operating system of the client.  What devices are you using and what types of files are you trying to view?

In some devices (android) you may also need another application to be able to handle viewing the files.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

We are using Motorola ET1  Android Tablet (Andorid version - 4.1.1).

We are trying to view png or txt files.

Could you suggest any application to handle viewing of attachment.

Thanks,

Star

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Star,

The android client can view png and text files just using the HTML control within the Agentry client.  PDF and office docs (Word, Excel, PPT) will require a third-party application to view them.

IN my sample app I download attachments and then am able to view them on my device (Galaxy S4).  For the unsupported types I just get a blank window but for PNG and TXT it displayes the file contents.

I have not tested specifically on the ET1 so it is a possibility that Motorola has done something on the device which is causing the problem.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Still for my application it is not even displaying for png and txt files.

Could u suggest any setting changes in the device or application through which we can view attachments.

Thanks,

Star

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Star,

First thing would be to confirm that the files are being downloaded to the device properly.

On Android the easiest way to do this would be to make sure you are using an accessible location like Downloads for your attachments.

In the screen shot I am using the Downloads fodler and the client will create an AgentryAttachments folder under Downloads to contain all my attached documents.

After you have transmitted to download the attachments, connect the device to your laptop and try to view the attachments using your PC to confirm they are valid files.

Then in your application(using the ATE) confirm that your object properies for the attachment are set correctly.

I display a list of attachments and allow the user to select one and then press the view button calling my action to simply navidate to view my attachments detail screen with one html field

whose object property is set to my external data property (Data in my example).

Please also make sure that the HTML Domains is set to Prohibited domains.

This is how my .png and .txt files are setup to view on Android.   Hopefully this will help.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

As yoy have mentioned that you display a list of attachments and allow the user to select one and then press the view button calling the action to simply navidate to view your attachments detail screen with one html field .

We have tried to execute the earlier steps that you have mentioned but the problem we are facing is that the action which is made for viewing the attachments in our application is exclusively for Windows not for android.

Scrrenshots attached for your reference.

Please tell me how this action can be converted for android.

Thanks,

Star

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Star,

You will need to create a new action for your Andorid devices to display attachments.

1. If you do not already have an android version of the screen showing the list of attachments you will need to start there creating a parent screen to show the list of attachments that can then call your Andriod view attachment action.
  2. You will need to create a new detail screen with one HTML field filling the whole screen
  3. Your new view attachment action will simply navigate to this screen targeting the selected attachment and mapping the HTML field to the Data property of the attachment object.

Android doesn't have the concept of command line from an Agentry perspective.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot.

The solution given by you worked for our application.

The only issue is we are only able to view image files as attachment.

Could you please suggest what third party software needs to be installed for viewing other types of files like txt,Ms word or pdf etc.

Thanks,

Star.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See my blog on viewing PDFs in Agentry for more details.

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/goingMobile/2013/11/20/viewing-pdfs-in-agentry-on-android

If you are still having problems please open a new thread.

--Bill

Answers (0)