Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD- Same business System

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an APO system which has developement and production only.

We had developed an interface via PI where PI environments are in Dev/QA/Regression and Production.

Our SLD is shared between DEV/QA/Regression and separeate SLD in Production.

I am getting transport error between Dev and QA since it was not able to find a obligatory transport target.

I managed to download the same business system used in Dev for QA, but still the transport is giving error.

The business system is of ABAP type.  Let me know how to deal with this.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As an interim solution to avoid manual config, I had changed the related Integration server for the technical systems to the respective environments where the transports need to go. This worked fine.

I do accept it is not the full solution, but atleast saves time in configuring manually.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

in my opinion it is best in this situation to create DEV configuration manually, create QAS configuration manually and then transport from QAS to PRD with proper transport targets.

You have other options, for example you could create some dummy target system (or take an existing one) and later change or delete all objects before activation. All these workarounds will result in creating a lot of things manually (since sender/receiver is a key field and cannot be modified), so in my opinion you could create DEV and QAS manually right away.

Regards,

Jörg

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I manage to assign the same business system under the different groups of QA and Regression, then automatic transports will work since the transport target business system name is same.

I do not want to change or create any dummy system as this will end up doing same manual change again.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

in theory you're right, but this is not possible in SLD. Every Business System can only be assigned to exactly one environment (if I recall correctly it is a dropdown menu), so you cannot map it on itself. For each transport to a different environment you'll have to assign a different BS. So either you work with dummies or you leave out one transport, I don't think you have many other options.

One other option I have seen is two clients on the ABAP DEV system where one of them would serve as test/dev client and the other one as QAS client.

A different option would be to work with Business/Communication Components and avoid this transport rules. But since you use an ABAP system this is not the recommended procedure.

Regards,

Jörg

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

one option is to connect different client of same APO Dev env. If you have three clients then you can create three BS for each client and use in Dev, QA and Reg.

regards,

Harish

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Connecting different clients and using it across Dev/QA/Reg sounds good idea. But I am wondering whether it might create problems when you configure the proxy or idocs coming from the sender system which shows wrong client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

if you configure properly in PI the different clients will behave as if they were completely different systems. Only thing is that they would share coding of inbound proxies or IDOC modification, for example. But this is due to ABAP system design, not to PI.

Regards,

Jörg