cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new product version in Mopz?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone guide me how to add a new product version in maintenance optimizer?

I am going to get the stack file of Netweaver gateway 7.4, but without the product version, I could not proceed.

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

1.    Maintain Solution Manager information in the system’s SLD data supplier. In case of ABAP system using tcode RZ70 and incase of Java system using the Visual Administrator/NWA(for NW 7.3 onwards)àSLD data Supplier.

2.    Once the data supplier jobs gets executed you system will appear under SMSY under Server, Database and (Technical System in case of Java systems).

The ‘Data Source’ should be LMDB.Note: Please don’t changes to the system in SMSY

3)Execute transaction code ‘LMDB’ in your solution manager system.Select Technical system(Give Application server ABAP and SID of the Server)

4)Click on Edit and select Software

Click ‘Add’ and it will show Product Version screen  and  search for your installed product.

5)Select your relevant usage types and once done choose ‘Close’ and save the data.

6)Assignment of Product System :

Click ‘Assign to Product System’

Now Product system does not exist, hence we have to create one. Choose ‘Create’ and confirm

7)After that complete Landscape Verification check..it should be green.

8)Go to Solman_setup and complete Managed system configuration.

after that Create Maintainence transaction and generate stack file.

Before doing all activities make sure that ST-PI and ST-A/PI Patched should be applied in Managed server(NW 7.4) and run rtcctoll.

Regards

Maruthi V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

what is the purpose to have ST-A/PI applied in NW7.4?

Due to the prerequisite of other support packages, I could not install ST-A/PI and for NW 7.4 only allow me to patch the system via SUM. I could not proceed without the stack file.

Hope you can provide me other solution or am I missing in some parts?

Thanks and regards,

Shu Jie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daer Shu Jie,

Pls run rtcctool report(SA38) in NetWeaver 7.4 and shate the screenshot.

Before adding managed system to solman,Manaed system should have latest ST/PI and ST-A/PI Patches.For which patches and how to download patches ST-PI and ST-A/PI..Pls run the rtcctool.

Regards

Maruthi V

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shu,

In LMDB, once you have maintained the product system by assigning technical system, there itself you can create new maintenance Optimizer transaction for that particular product version.

regards

kartik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help. I able to solve the problem by upgrading the component repository.

Another question I would like to know, what is the main component of SAP NW Gateway 2.0 ?

Thanks,

Shu Jie

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shu,

If its for SAP Netweaver 7.4 the core component is SAP_GWFND which includes IW_FND, GW_CORE, IW_BEP, and IW_HDB. For additional information, could you please refer to the SAP NetWeaver Gateway Installation Guide and Master Guide.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shu,

Please go through the below links.

Regards

Maruthi V