cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Navigation path in IDT4.0 and how to use these navigation paths in Webi report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I want to know how to create navigation path in universe? I am using IDT BO4.0 SP4 and relational connection and want to create navigation path. I would like to know how to use this navigation path in Webi report? If I create a webi report where can I see my navigation paths and how to use it. If you can give any document or link which expalins this whole process, that would be great. Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI REMI ,

1. ANSWER TO YOUR 1st QUESTION i.e. HOW TO CREATE A NAVIGATIONAL PATH :

IN IDT 4.0  , YOU WILL FIND A NAVIGATIONAL PATH IN BOTTOM WHEN YOU WILL OPEN YOUR      BUSINESS LAYER , THERE YOU CAN CLICK CUSTOM NAVIGATION PATH -> THEN CLICK AT      ADD A NAVIGATIOAL PATH BUTTON->THEN GIVE NAME NAVIGATIONAL PATH NAME->THEN ADD THE OBJECTS UNDER YOUR NAVIGATIONAL PATH IN A HIERARCHICAL SEQUENCE .     FOR EX :     COUNTRY->STATE->CITY . AND YOUR CUSTOM NAVIGATIONAL PATH IS     CREATED.

2. ANSWER TO YOUR SECOND QUESTION WHAT IS THE USE OF NAVIGATIONAL PATH IN WEBI REPORT :

NAVIGATIONAL PATH HELPS YOU TO PERFORM DRILL DOWN ON YOUR DIMENSION OBJECTS , FOR EX : LET 'S SAY YOU CREATED A NAVIGATIONAL PATH- REGION SALES  : Containing COUNTRY->STATE->SALES. THIS WILL HELP YOU TO DRILL DOWN IN YOUR WEBI REPORT AS SHOWN BELOW :

COUNTRY                      SALES

INDIA                             $1000000

(after clicking INDIA you will get below structure in your Report)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

STATE                           SALES

DELHI                             $600000

ANDRA-PRADESH          $200000

MAHARASHTRA             $200000

(after clicking MAHARASHTRA you will get below structure in your Report)

-----------------------------------------------------------------       

CITY                              SALES

MUMBAI                         $150000

NAGPUR                        $  50000  

------------------------------------------------------------------

ACTUALLY , DRILL - DOWN AS THE NAME SOUND HELP TO DRILL THE DIMENSION TILL ROOT LEVEL & SEE THE MEASURES VALUES ASSOCIATED WITH THOSE VALUES LEVELS.

1ST LEVEL WILL ALWAYS CONTAIN THE SUM OF THE MEASURE OBJECTS

CHEERS ,

KAPIL

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

A navigation path is an object that defines the drill path used in SAP Business Objects reporting tools. A drill path is a list of drillable business objects that allow a report analyst to drill down on a dimension. A navigation path object can be one of two types: default or custom.

If you want to create custom hierarchy  From within a Business Layer (*.blx), click Navigation Paths in the IDT, then you can use the navigation path.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-22087

http://events.asug.com/2012BOUC/1202_Information_Design_Tool_Tips_Tricks_and_Workflow.pdf

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

You can create custom Nav path in IDT and rearrange the dimensions accordingly.

Please see this tutorial, it is very helpful.

Once you create this, also watch this tutorial to use hierarchy on Webi side

Web Intelligence 4.1: Work with hierarchy and hierarchy node variables in BEx queries

Hope it helps and do let us know if you are abale to achieve the task.

Thanks

IAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add a navigation path to a business layer by double clicking the business layer name from local projects. Click the Navigation Paths tab under the Business Layer pane. Click the Insert Navigation Path icon.

kind regards,

Leandi

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Semantic Layer space for faster response