Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing for RG-23A/RG-1 in India

kmiecicki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone please explain me the difference between defining register on the material movements level and on the material level?

What I'm trying to understand is what do I need to have for the register to get updated correctly

1. Material - Chapter entry with corresponding register in the J1ID
  2. Entry for the movements in SPRO->Logistics - General->Tax on Goods Movements->India->Business Transactions->Incoming Excise Invoices->Specify Which Movement Types Involve Excise Invoices
  3. Both of them
  4. Any of them is enough? In this case I would also need to know which one prevails (if any) if they are inconsistent (imagine I have material with RG-23A in J1ID, however I'm doing a movement which correspond to sale of the material, e.g. 601 and I have maintained for this movement only RG-1 entry)

Regards,

Radek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Updating of registers are dependent on both material J1id setting and also on the movement type setting in SPRO->Logistics - General->Tax on Goods Movements->India->Business Transactions->Incoming Excise Invoices->Specify Which Movement Types Involve Excise Invoices.

601 is used in Sales Delivery and should update RG1 and also for the material should be declared as finished goods in J1ID.

Similarly 101 is used for goods receipt from PO as well as receipt from production and should update the RG23D register or RG1 register depending on the declaration in the J1ID for material in question.

A material cannot be used for both RG23A as well as RG1 register unless the company has a trading license. Please make sure that the same is available with the client. If so declare the material as FG in J1id. While doing a GR you can change the material type under the excise tab at item level to raw material/asset to ensure RG23A/C is updated.

kmiecicki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks. This one does respond my question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below wiki Link it will help you understand what are you looking for...

CIN User manuval for MM - BPX Community Project - SCN Wiki

kmiecicki
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did. It doesn't really respond to my question. Actually it doesn't even mention the customization point (register by material movements) which I was asking about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The doc explains to update register correctly..