cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Request problem in Service Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to perform the Service Catalog but I'm having problems to create a Service Request after approving a Service Order.

In my case, I'm using the Service Catalog to create a Service Order for a new employee taking the role of an end user (SOLMANREQ) and then, using a business role (SOLMANPRO), create a Service Request. (TCODE: SM_CRM)

The problem is that I haven't the ability to set the status of the Service Product line item 'to approved' just to create the Service Request as you can see in the image below.

How could I solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance!

Jose.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Richard_Büffing
Participant
0 Kudos

You need 3 different business partner functions:

1. Requester (SLFN0002): The person ordering the service order.

2. Sol-to-Party (00000001): This is the organizational unit your requester AND your approver belongs to.

2. Approver (SMSO0001): The person who will approve your service order.

Secondly you need 2 relationship types in order to determine your approver automatically using organizational data:

1. Contact Person --> Requester

2. Employee responsible -->Approver

Now instead of entering the relationship in the business partner of the OU as "Has Contact Person" and "Has the employee Responsible", you enter the relationship in the business partner of the Person as "Is Contact Person for" and "Is the Employee Responsible for".

In this relationship you enter business partner of the OU (type organization) that this person is the requester or approver for.

In the above example I would be the Requester for organization 151 and the Approver for organization 1499.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I found a very useful wiki page about the setup of Service Orders:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=358058927

In there, there is a part that explains:

6.2 CRM_ORDER_STATUS

In the implementation AI_CRM_STATUS_RELE, the ability to set the status of the Service Product line item to approved (system status Release I1004) is based on the partner function SMSO001 (ITSM Approver). This is based on the BP relationship Employee Responsibile for a Sold-to-Party business partner.

So I got to the point where I manually added myself as Approver in the Parties Involved block on the Service Order, and then I was allowed to approve:

Now I'm still trying to get this Approver and the Sold to Party determined automatically...

Regards,

Joyca

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found that the following relationships need to be present on the business partners in order to have the partner functions determined automatically:

- The reporter needs to be in the relationship "has contact person" of the sold-to party. This ensures that the sold-to party is determined automatically on the Service Order

- The approver needs to be in the relationship "had the employee responsible" of the sold-to party. This ensures that the approver is determined automatically, and he will be the only one who can approve the items in the Service Order.

It is however, for me, not clear why in the standard the "contact person" relationship is needed... Because when you maintain an organizational model, the business partners automatically enter in an "employee" relationship with the sold-to party. And it is impossible for a business partner to get both the contact person and the employee relationship...

If anyone has any explanations or tips on the last point, they are very welcome!

Regards,

Joyca

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.

I read this Help page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp10/helpdata/en/a6/f294511ce2245de10000000a44176d/content.htm

Where this is mentioned:

Assigning an Approver

For a user to be able to approve a service order, the user must be assigned the approver business partner role in the sold-to-party of the same sales organization as the key user that created the service order.

But I can't figure out how exactly to do that...

Both users (requester and approver) are assigned to my sold-to-party in the organizational model in tx PPOMA_CRM. Both have SAP_ALL authorizations. But I still can't approve.