Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding Mask Format Configuration for Project Definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm New to PS Module.

Enclosed is the error message i faced during creation of TCODE: CJ01 New Project with below error message.

Please guide me where is the settings for this error message . Checked : OPSJ & OPSI(No Rules Created).

Please correct me if I have missing out any configuration settings.

Thank you very much

Trevor Wong.

Error Message :

Checked : OPSJ

Checked : OPSI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use correct project definition.  As you can see in your error "Entry Length is incorrect"

Your Coding Mask is: A-XXXX-XX. (Here A is your Project ID)

That means you can create project only with Project ID 'A'. (For ex: A-PCS1-23 like that)

But you have entered 'APCS-1234-001' (Here you are using Project ID as 'ACPS' which is not matching to coding mask. That is why system is giving error)

Solutions:

1) Choose a different Project code as per your coding mask. You can also use 'Find Open No' option for finding the next open no for creating Project.

2) Create a new Coding mask : ACPS-XXXX-XXX. Then try again.

Hope this clarifies your problem.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

Thank for fast response, I'm facing below error message when create Mask of Project Coding <APCP>.

Please guide me is that 1st Starting Key is not allow duplicated in PS Project ID's Coding Mask.

You're help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor

You cannot create new coding masks starting with A/C/E/R/Y/Z as they are already used.

If u have not used them in creating any projects you can delete the entries and create new ones.

If you have created projects using the current coding masks and not RELEASED you can delete the projects and then delete the coding masks.

Regards

Praveen B.K

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many characters you want in 'ProjID' field (OPSJ) ?  If you want four characters then mention 4 in 'PL' field in OPSK and create mask in OPSJ accordingly.

Let me know if you face any error further.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly Sorry for suggesting ACPS-XXXX-XXX mask as I haven't see your masks in screenshot.

Actually this error is coming because,there are still projects or WBS elements with edit mask A in the system. Therefore you cannot change them. And in OPSJ, you have already defined A in PRJID initially.

System is checking initially A here then after PCP. Create with different PRJID with different initial char which doesn't exists.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Please guide me why the project id mask can't be delete.

Checked : No Project ID exist start with A** (Table : PROJ)

Checked : No WBS ID start with A** (Table : PRHI)

Your guide is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor

I guess if you have renamed the project that was created, then you will have to delete that project also.

Just tell your ABAPER to delete the record from table PROJ or PRPS if any created for the coding masks.

Regards

Praveen B.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

My mistake on the checking, as for the new Project Mask format(A-) created it have been used by another project (Y-) on the WBS element with (A-XXX). Previous implementation didn't control with the validation (It allow free format on the WBS).

Please guide me if you know any method to correct it.

Trevor Wong.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the screen shots your coding mask configuration allows you to enter project prefix (initial characters) with one character only i.e. either A or C/E/Y/Z (check in OPSJ) and you are entering APCS-1234-001 which is not compatible with  the format A-XXXX-XX that's why system is giving you an error to enter the code in CJ01 correctly following the existing coding mask.

Please check your coding mask and create project accordingly.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thank for the guidance, you make more clear on the configuration settings.

Trevor Wong

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank for the guidance, you make more clear on the configuration settings.

Trevor Wong