cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori - Generic Approval App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

today my boss asked me if there is a generic approval app in Fiori.

I replied that there are several apps available to approve different requests:

Approve Leave Requests

Approve Travel Requests

Approve Travel Expenses

Approve Timesheets

So my boss argued that he wants a single app for all approval tasks. In the SAP Portal we have the UWL (Universal Work List) that meets this requirement (using NWBC an Inbox POWL can be used for the same purpose).

Is there a Fiori app that can be used for all kind of approval tasks? Will such an app be available in future?

TIA,

Thomas

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, not going to be a definite answer to your question but my understanding is that Fiori provides a solution for some 'common processes' which have been identified by SAP working closely with some of their clients. As such, I don't think it is there to provide a generic solution for approval - we are talking more about a custom UI5 application which replicates approval functionality available in UWL and which can be embedded into NWBC.

Having said that, I recall seeing a Fiori presentation where it mentioned that Fiori can be enhanced to deal with any custom workflow - maybe a workflow needs to be defined with all the approval steps required and this mapped to fiori?

See below:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0ab2463-4e16-3110-b08e-d93918e51...

Hope this is a good starting point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply and the helpful link!

Answers (0)