cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Type Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me how can we restrict Product Type in Shopping Cart. Ideally material and service appears as product types but we don't want to show service for a company code.

Please let me know if anybody has idea on this.

Thanks

Siddarth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

you can try to disable this field via standard settings:

SAP Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Extensions and Field Control (Personalization)->Configure Field Control

You should be able to implement your own class for field control.

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

I don't want to disable this field. I want to restrict the values coming in drop down.

Thanks

Siddarth

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

you write, this field has only mat or serv.

You want to remove serv and have only mat. If you have only mat and user not able to change it. What for to have it editable?

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

By default, Material and Service comes as values in this drop down. For a company code, we need to show only Material. I wanted to know how this can be achieved.

Thanks

Siddarth

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

have you tried proposed solution?

Regards

Konstantin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you for you suggestions. We tackled this via different customization.

Siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share the customization/configuration you've done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manosij,

We created a custom table with flag that whether we need this or not. Further the same is used as Laurent suggested.

PS. Can't paste whole details over here because of project obligations.

Thanks,

Siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that I need to reach out my developer. I was thinking if there is any configuration which can help me out. Let me check with my developer and see if it works.

Thanks

Siddarth

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siddarth,

as explained by Konstantin, you need to configure PRODUCT_TYPE field control (SC item level) to be visible only (default value is "Material"):

SAP Implementation Guide > SAP Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Cross-Application Basic Settings > Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) > Configure Field Control > Configure Control for Fields on Item Level

This is customizing. But, as you need to do so only for one company code, you need to add dynamic customer class and method based on /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_IT_SC class (PRODUCT_TYPE method).

Regards.

Laurent.