cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approbation flow in Service Request (solman)

former_member227595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requisit: I have to make a flow of approvation when a Service Request is created depending of the category. e.g. If someone request a laptop, some persons will have to approve it in order to the user can receive the laptop. But I could have differents approve persons when other users. e.g. They request a vpn user, other persons will have to approve it.

Gurus, my question is, Can I do this with Service Request ? I have seen in Charm, I got a approbation block, the thing is I will need the same but for Service Request.

I read this

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Service+Request+Management+Service+Request+Fulfillment

But only speaks about a workflow checklist, and which is not valid to me, cause I need to each approver separately can approve it.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks you very much in advance.

Regards, Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I had a same requirement few months back from my customer; it turns out that, if you want to have a approval in Service Request Management in ITSM, your only option is to create a follow on Change Request and get it approved and then come back to Service Request for further processing. Service Request does not have a approval mechanism/logic in built hence it is  not possible to have any approval in SR by default.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member227595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, Ok so you say I should launch an order with an approval flow (which type?) and then create an normal SR ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant, if you want to have approval in Service Request Management then you need to create a Change Request (SMCR) out of Service Request(SMIV). Firt create a Service Request and for approval create a Change Request from this Service Request as a Follow Up activity, get this CR approved (since CR has a approval management in place, by default) an continue working on SR.

Did I confuse you again?

Regards,

Vivek

former_member227595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok thanks.

Regards!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego ,

Have you tried this service which I found integrify.com . I'm not sure about the quality but it is worth of checking. I found this very useful for me to deliver process, workflow and request management.

Hope this help for you too.

Regards,