cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute name in Taxonomy Table is getting Null somehow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM Experts,

We have a problem in Taxonomy Tables. The problem is that the Turkish name of attribute is getting Null somehow and getting inherit name from English which is default name. We tried the scenarios which users done but we do not encounter that problem. End users use portal to make changes and two guys use data manager directly to update text fields and we tried all scenarios for two users catagory but we could not find the source of problem. We monitor chance tracker but change tracker gives the change date so we can not find the exact solution.

Your help will be really appreciated.

Bulent Ozen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent,

If the repository of multi lingual and if you have not mapped the lanugauge other than English while importing the value, othe language would get updated with English value as default.

and you can set the Inheritence(Primary or Secondary) for the languages in Console.

Kindly check Console reference guide for the same.

And the other languages will apeear in diffrent colors depending on the inheritence set in Console.

this option will ensure-

The Value is shown in green in the language only to prompt the user to change that and translate in the required language.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Thanks for your reply and your advise is noted. However the problem is different. Turkish name is maintained by Turkish. After maintenance everything is ok but after a period of time it becomes Null and getting English name from inheritence automatically. Therefore the question is that why is Turkish name getting Null by itself?

Hope my problem is clear now.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent, Are these Inheritance happening randomly or during a Change or Update operations the values are getting wiped off ?? regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

It seems that it is happening randomly. Because we try change and update operations but we don't encounter that problem. That's why it is hard to solve.

Hope you have a idea to find the root cause.

Kind Regards,

Bulent

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bulent,

Sorry for the delayed response...

Yes If you log in to Data Manager with Turkish and Maintain the data it will not considder it as English will be the default actual language.

As far as iknow this is how MDM works.

Even I have an issue where i need to pull out Green Values from MDM but it fails i think this the functinality we have with MDM.(as I explained earlier on language inharitence)

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Yes. You are correct. I tried steps you mentioned and I agree with you but as I replied to Vag above the problem is happening randomly. We do not encounter problem after make all update scenarios.

Now we observe the data everyday and we will check the record specificlly once we realize the record which its data is getting wiped off.

Regards,

Bulent

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent, You have specified that the Change tracking has been enabled . If it has been enabled for Modifications then you must be having logs of the user ID who is altering your data . Any findings on that frame ?? Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy