cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress the backend error "UOM not maintained for language XX" ?

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a requirement where the customer has indicated to either translate the UOM to Vendor language or suppress the back end error message "UOM XX not maintained for language XX " to warning to continue the processing of shopping cart to PO.

Can you please provide any input?

They are not ready to maintain the communication language for the Vendors or Maintain the UOM in different languages in ECC.

Thanks in advance.

Vipra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello vipra,

i will be more inflexible than Konstantin: you customer request has absolutely no sense

All master data depending on languages must be maintained for used languages in SAP system !!

For example, if PO layout are sent to suppliers in their own language, unite of measure must have a commercial format...

If you do not want to maintain master data depending on languages, this means you must use only English language for example.

Regards.

Laurent.

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin and Laurent,

Thank you for your valuable inputs I discussed the same but they are suggesting about some user exit in ECC which overrules the language of Vendor into English always.

I checked the user exits in SRM. I found one for changing the Supplier Units -- /SAPPSSRM/SUPPLIER_UNIT (Supplier Specific Unit of Measure ).

As i can understand this is not for changing the UOM in SC.

Can you please provide any information regarding the same?

Thank you in advance.

Vipra.

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipra,

sounds a little bit silly to me.

Do not make a standard customizing, but modify a standard to suppress the message.

I'm not sure there could be a reasonable solution for unreasonable input.

For example, you can suppress this message in SRM, but you get no following documents in the backend with the same UOM.

Or you can try to suppress this message directly in backend, but, for exmaple, UOMs will not be sent in printed form for suppliert, and he can deliver 1 piece instead of 1 pack...

Regards

Konstantin

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin and Laurent,

Thank you for your valuable inputs I discussed the same but they are suggesting about some user exit in ECC which overrules the language of Vendor into English always.

I checked the user exits in SRM. I found one for changing the Supplier Units -- /SAPPSSRM/SUPPLIER_UNIT (Supplier Specific Unit of Measure ).

As i can understand this is not for changing the UOM in SC.

Can you please provide any information regarding the same?

Thank you in advance.

Vipra.

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipra,

PO should be sent to Vendor with vendor's language. It will not work.

If you make everything in english, why wouldn't you just change vendor's language?

Regards

Konstantin

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for your reply. I was looking at the possibility of changing/translate the UOM to Vendors language in a badi before creating PO in backend from SRM SC.

Are you aware of any such thing or is it possible?

I think that even if I make such a change it would get overruled when the PO is created.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Vipra.

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipra,

I'm not 100% sure, but you transfer UOM to the backend. IF UOM not maintained in the backend - of course, you should not be able to create a PO.

Regards

Konstantin