Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project stock belongs to different plant than the plant in project definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a case:

Project belongs to plant A (which is entered in the project definition), but there's a material in project stock which is belongs to plant B (checked in MMBE, the material under this project, but under plant stock B).

Is this the normal case of SAP standard? As I never seen this case before (always project stock belongs to the same plant as entered in the project definition).

Awaiting for your answer& clarification.

Thanks and best regards,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

it's standard functionality of sap behind it business concept should be like Organization having multiple location so according to created wbs with different-2 plant under one project. so PR also would be created if being in cj20n transaction so once GRN made for concern material those would appear in Plant A and Plant B as well.

so now thing is where business call is required like priority of that material according to that you can transfer that material in that Plant via transaction MB1B with the movement of 412 special account type project as Q.

let me know any other thing behind it?

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful answer.

I'd like to explain more about this case:

I found a PO and a good receipt document to the project stock, and the plant in these documents is plant B.

Then the material appear in MMBE under project stock and plant B.

But when I check the project in CJ20N, the plant in project definition is plant A.

As the requirement is to reverse the goods receipt document, but when doing so, system issues a message as "inconsistency data", so I confuse is it because of the different in plant stock in goods receipt document and plant in project.

That's why I ask is this the standard case if material in project stock belongs to different plant than the plant in project definition.

Hope you understand clearly my situation.

Do you have any more suggest in this case?

Thanks and best regards,

Nghia

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Andy, you are absolutely right assuming like inconsistency in data error is due to this so what you need to do?

Transaction BMCC to remove the inconsistency

1)Transaction BMCC

2) unflagging the test option

3) insert batch data

4) F8

5) now you have a repair button

Normally the batch inconsistency can be solved with this transaction so no side effect of it.

Check OSS note 555508 if needed.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sanjeev,

I'll check in the system and 'll come back if have any more query

Appreciate for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

It looks like there is problem in the credentials that your putting up in MMBE before executing. Check the material in MM60 also.

I believe that you have the same storage location maintained in both the plants.

OR

there might be in stock movement from both the plants using MB1B as Saurabh has suggested..

Wait for other experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Amit

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Normally in case of manual PR (ME51N) we give the plant code and account assignment as WBS. The entered plant can be different from what we have entered in our project structure. So the goods receiving will happen at that plant which we have mentioned in our PR/PO.

In your case, you getting project stock in a different plant -storage location. For that you can move this stock from plant B to plant A for this project using movement type 412Q . Use t-code MB1B.

Regards

Saurabh