cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS billing thru PS | internal Order, WBS, Activity Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a HCM consultant, therefore I have zero knowledge in PS/SD.

Currently I am working on a task, where I need to create the bill on the CATS data (Time Sheet Data: HCM). I want to know how the CATS data is transferred to WBS, and how the billing of the same is done in PS the WBS element and Activity Type. I ll be transfering the time data to Internal Order (I dont know how to assign these internal orders to WBS elements) and in Activity type I ll be storing the rates of the activities/tasks. Now on the basis of these Internal type, WBS and Activity type, How can I generate a bill in PS? (We are inactivate in SD module).

A more clear explanation would be better as said, am new to PS..

regards

Tahir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Tahir,

wbs and internal order is the object where we can book time via time sheet so clear here when you are booking time in CAT2 transaction then time sheet ask it's receiver object that would be either wbs nor I/O. once you have done this activity, then need to transfer it to object area like PS CS CO HR PayRoll

such transaction path is below in CATS

CAT2Time Sheet: Maintain Times
CAT2_ISCRCATS: Maintain Times (Init. Screen)
CAT3Time Sheet: Display Times
CAT3_ISCRCATS: Display Times (Initial Screen)
CAT4CATS: Approve Data
CAT5Data Transfer CATS -> PS
CAT6Transfer External -> Time Management
CAT7CATS: Transfer Data to CO
CAT8Time Sheet: Document Display
CAT9Data Transfer CATS -> PM/CS

i m telling you in PS area next take help from SD guys

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks fr ur reply. So instead of using Internal Order (in which i am planning to store CATS data) can I directly transfer CATS to WBS??? coz somewhere I read, "WBS is tobe assigned to Internal Orders", is this correct? are WBS assigned to internal orders??

I ll  try to get a SD consultant too.. but meanwhile can u plz let me know how billing is done in PS using WBS? and what role does Activity type will play when billing..

reply plz

regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tahir,

CATS is used to record the working times of individual employees. Its main strength is that it enables the employees to record their own data and therefore ease time administrators’ workload.The data that is entered using the Time Sheet is available for processing in resource-related billing.

The Time Sheet data must first be transferred to Controlling (CO). This can be performed directly or indirectly (using the Project System (PS)).The CO documents that are generated during transfer can be read by the Dynamic Item Processor to create a billing request. This enables the Time Sheet to support the creation of invoices based on working time data quickly and accurately. This is particularly important for service providers.

For example, Let us say A company X is providing services to multiple customers.

X may be providing support to one or many projects for each Customer.For each project, the Customer requires that it should be billed on the basis of actual number of hours booked by X’s employees onto that project.  This model is called Resource Related Billing.

Go through sap help to find more on how Resource Related Billing is done in PS.

SAP Library - Project System (PS)

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar,

Thanks so much for ur explanation...

What I have done is::

1. Transferred CATS to internal Orders. (using tcode CATA)

2. Rates are maintained in Activity type. (using tcode KL01, and KP06, KP26)

Now suppose in internal order I have 10 Hrs and in Activity type i have maintained the rate as 35$/Hr..

How the billing is done in this scenario? I need to create sales order, invoice and bill for this,, Now how wud I go about this??

Plz help,,

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tahir,

When you book the time through CATS, Activity type will determine whether hours are billable or non billable and rates to be billed. Since rate is 35$/Hr, for 10 hours cost will be 350.

After booking time through CATS, approved or cancelled timesheet records are then transferred to Controlling using transition – CAT7 (Transfer to Controlling). This generates CO Documents and WBS elements are debited with the cost of employee’s booked hours.

Once the transfer is complete, the report generates a log. We can use the log to see which records were posted. If errors occurred, we must post process the incorrect data in the Time Sheet.

Next step is Creation of Debit memo request. At period end, a billing request is created against the Sales Order using transaction – DP91 (Create Debit Memo Request). When we opt to create a billing request against a sales order, system determines the unbilled cost items posted onto the WBS elements. Using SD pricing setup, it determines the rates at which different roles should be billed to Client. As we save the billing request, the system records the revenues to the project.

And then next step is to create invoice. Here, we create an invoice / Billing document for the Debit Memo Request created in the previous step using transaction VF01 (Create Billing Document). The completed Billing document is subsequently released by relevant Authority to allow posting to Finance.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks So much Tushar,

let me initiate the config as u suggested.. If any breakdown. will post it here,,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand from your question, you are not using SD module, in such condition it is not possible to convert those time booked hours to invoice. Moreover, there is no such functionality is available in PS to generate billing using booked hours.

You can talk to your FICO consultant to generate DMR, Proforma invoice and invoice in absence of SD module book the cost of hours realized as revenue.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

In ur reply u mentioned "You can talk to your FICO consultant to generate DMR, Proforma invoice and invoice in absence of SD module book the cost of hours realized as revenue." - Can U plz explain this a bit more in detail? Plz

regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please talk to your FCIO consultants what are the available options do you have in absence of not using SD - DIP profiles for billing process.

Thanks,

Sudhakar