cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Barcode Field Special Character FNC1

0 Kudos

Dear Fellows,

We have starting read new barcode with new special character FNC1 which is working fine on SAP GUI.

But when I download and publish it in ITS we could not get same result, FNC1 is not coming. The template style used was "Itsmobile - preserve layout".

Seems the change we do in the field property in the screen to make it able to read special character does not take place in Web side.Field property -> barcode => TRUE.

I have also added the DEVICE template turnning scanner ENTER.

I am missing something.... Does anybody has faced this problem?

Maybe some tag to turn on this feature.

Any help will be very appreciated.

ECC 6.0

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I have found the solution by changing property at Screen field level -> Property -> Barcodeinput = TRUE.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting the solution Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

What exactly do you mean by

"But when I download and publish it in ITS we could not get same result, FNC1 is not coming."?

It does not accept this NEW barcode?

What exactly is different with the new special character barcode v's a standard barcode?

Regards,

Oisin

0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

For example:

On RF device batch label is being read as 1719120010AC10113048, whereas it should be reading the label as 1719120010AC1011]C13048.

On SAP Gui it is working fine as I have actived Barcode property to TRUE at element list. So the result of scanning is coming with "FNC1" which is "]C1".

On IE browser when I scan it, the FNC1 is not coming.

I have republish with different style without success. Seems this change on Gui level has not impacted the web interface(HTML).

Got it?

Alex

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I get it now. Does this only occur when using the IE browser on the Device itself?

Is there a possibility to test with a Desktop IE Browser? or even better the Industrial Browser that

comes with the Device?

What IE browser on the handheld barcode scanner device is being used?

And what is exact Device being used here?

Regards,

Oisin

0 Kudos

Hi,

It ocurrs every where out of SAP GUI. Notepad, MS word, IE 9, etc.. are not able to read this special character.

I have tested with IE 9 without success.

Devices is "Symbol" brand and there is not model on it. We are currently using USB scanner only.

I have requested them a new test on the Device and not only using USB scanner. They will test it and come back to me later.

So far everything seems to be fine, we are using Unicode environment.

thanks