cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terms of payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi exports

while we are creating customer centrally (t code-XD01 ),we maintained payments in company code data as well as sales area data (billing tab) with differently like 'XYZ' in comp code data and 'ABC' in sale data billing tab.my question is with these customer i was created sales order in that order system will take payment terms as ABC from sales area data billing tab even i was maintained different payment terms in customer.

could any body help me out how system will recognize this functionality even we are maintained different payment terms in customer master..where the control

Regards,

venkateswar dama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the forum.  As a new member, I would like to inform you that there are certain rules and regulations applicable to this forum which you can find to your right screen where it has also been indicated that posting basic / repeated query is not allowed. Please search in this forum or Google it with the text "two payment terms in customer master", so that you will find many threads discussed on the same topic.  Take the inputs from there and update still if you are not able to resolve.  Meanwhile, this thread would be locked.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dama,

The very reason that there are two payment terms fields in the customer master is so that sales and finance can use it independantly of each other. The customer is created centrally (XD01) with the idea that both, sales and finance teams are working together while creating the customer master. Had this not been the case, i.e. if the teams were working independantly of each other, the sales team (VD01) and the finance team(FD01) would have created the masters at their ends and would have selected the terms of payment that each desired for their part of the business.

Sales order is always a transaction from the Sales end. That is why the terms of payment that get picked in the sales order is always picked from the sales area data tab of the customer master.

Regards,

Sumita Mittra

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dama,

The payment terms flows in from the value maintained in the billing document tab in the sales area details of the Payer on your sales order.

Please test by changing these terms of the payer master and you can find the above statement.

Thanks,
Ravin