cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need to create target transport even if I will keep all the SLD objects(prod,SC,TS and BS) name are same in DEV, QA and Prod SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After reading many blogs and discussion on SLD transport, few thing I want to clarify.

I have 3 separate SLDs as DEV SLD, QA SLD and prod SLD, and I am just trying to export the SLD objects as file transport for DEV to QA. I am not changing the name of any objects in QA system, however, as technical system type of "web as ABAP" comes from ECC system by running rz70, and it names it automatically, and based on that we create business system.

I have two technical systems one of type "Web as ABAP" came from ECC, and another is of type "third party" and similarly 2 business systems. I exported all the SLD objects from DEV SLD, and imported in QA SLD, except "Web as ABAP" type of TS and BS all the transport imported successfully in QA SLD. The Error is obvious for  "Web as ABAP" type of TS and BS as it contains ECC system info, TS of type "Web as ABAP" does not imported in DEV SLD at all thats also obvious.  but BS of type "Web as ABAP" imported in QA SLD with error, which I corrected by assigning the TS of type "Web as ABAP" which is created in QA SLD by rz70.

But Still I am not able to import the "Integration Directory" transport object by using "file transport". It throw the error as  "mport failed because of business system transfer of object Receiver Agreement | Satorp_RiyadBank_Sender_BS | | Satorp_RiyadBank_Recv_BS | SI_IB_MT100: Obligatory transport target for business system Satorp_RiyadBank_Sender_BS not found in System Landscape Directory".

Please suggest me how can I do the import of SLD objects so I wont get this error while ID import. Please help me, I do not have any Basis guy, how has worked on PI transport.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For third party business systems if you are using same name across different SLD's no need to create transports targets.

For more details on groups and transport targets please refer below blog.

Thanks

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm...Now, I should look for a sandbox to test this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan Khan,

I think you have not created group in QA system that is why you are not able to import ID objects. Try to create a group with any name and assign that group to your business systems and save it. Now you can try to import ID objects and see the result . Here no need to maintain target transport since you are going to use in same names in all environments.

Regards,

Krupa

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

The below blog will be useful

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan - Yes.  It should still work even though you maintain the same business system name across multiple local SLD's.

However in order to make it work, You should maintain the business and technical system of your PI development system in PI Quality system SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to create third party BS name in QA (under QA group)  and then define its transport target.

BTW, i don't think u can reuse same third party BS name in QA server, so u have to create a different BS name in QA for ur third party system.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava