cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP run in ECC after transfering PIRS from DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using DP Module for generating forecast (PIRS) at all DCs and it is transferred to ECC using transfer profile.

My question is how can we gather the demand that is released at DCs into Manufacturing Plant in ECC using MRP run.

Can see Demand released from DP appearing in respective DCs in transactions MD04 and MD61, but how do we pull these PIRS (total from all Dcs ) into Manufacturing plant  using MRP run in ECC ?

I am aware that this requirement can be fulfilled in SNP using heuristics through T.Lanes, but I would like to know if this is possible in ECC after releasing PIRS from DP.

I have searched the forum already but couldn't find any detailed explanation on this, Please Clarify??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reggie,

Please check Special procrument key 40 and Procrument type (E& F)

For DC you will have the demand in terms of PIR for your Material use Procurement type as F and Special procrument key as 40 there and for DC for the same materials use Procrument type E

at manufacturing plant level - you can also use Scope of planning (for parallel processing of plant in OM0E). Run MRP for DC location it will generate requirment for manufacturing location.

Please refer SAP online help at

Stock Transfer from Plant to Plant - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

Production in Alternative Plant - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh

Thanks for the reply,

According to settings mentioned by you STRs(Stock transfer req) or PRs (Purch Reqs) will be created at DCs which will be sent to manufacturing plant when MRP run occurs at DCs(correct me if iam wrong).

But according to our business requirement, PIRS (not STRS or PRS) should go to manufacturing plant from DC after running MRP, I am aware this is not the standard procedure but its the current requirement of the client.

So would like to know if it is possible to transfer Demand (PIRS) created in DP for all DCs into a manufacturing plant in ECC so that they can directly run MRP at manufacturing plant instead of running it at all DCs and then at manufacturing plant.

Can you please let me know if there is any option to do this in APO while transferring to ECC or in ECC after demand is transfered into DCs...

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reggie,

According to settings mentioned by you STRs(Stock transfer req) or PRs (Purch Reqs) will be created at DCs which will be sent to manufacturing plant when MRP run occurs at DCs(correct me if iam wrong).

Yes you are right demand will pass as stock transfer requisition to manufacturing.

But according to our business requirement, PIRS (not STRS or PRS) should go to manufacturing plant from DC after running MRP, I am aware this is not the standard procedure but its the current requirement of the client.

As per the standard SAP system design distribution demand will pass on to the manufacturing location either in APO or ECC. I don't think it is possible to transfer the planned independend requirement to manufacturing location from DC. You need to have direct demand or forecast on manufacturing location.

So would like to know if it is possible to transfer Demand (PIRS) created in DP for all DCs into a manufacturing plant in ECC so that they can directly run MRP at manufacturing plant instead of running it at all DCs and then at manufacturing plant.

As I know it is not possible in standard SAP, or you need to have direct forecast on manufacturing location.

Also you can use the scope of check which will have sequence of plant start with DC and then manufacturing plant in OM0E. You can use that Scope of planning in MD01 so that system will plan DC first and then manufacturing location. You have no need to run MRP plant wise.

Can you please let me know if there is any option to do this in APO while transferring to ECC or in ECC after demand is is transfered at DCs...

In standard SAP it is not possible either in ECC or APO.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)