cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynanmically Set Text-Control At Item-Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have experience configuring the "Extend Field List for Data Proposal" activity to look at a z-table to retrieve values?

When the customs declaration is created, I would like a new/custom text control to retreive a value from a z-table automatically at the item level. The text it will retrieve from the z-table will be different for each customs declaration that is created.

Thanks for your advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Yes, I do have experience in that area, but I hate 'Z' tables.  Could you say a little more about the requirement?  Are you wanting to propose data for a standard field in the Declaration?  Please give a few more clues - thanks.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. Depending on the chemical composition of specific substances, a unique phrase needs to appear at the item-level of the Belgium Export Customs Declaration that is feed from the feeder system. At the time the customs declaration is being created, I need to determine if the phrase shall be maintained in a text-control at the item-level by configuring the "Extend Field List for Data Proposal" activity to look at the z-table (potentially). The make up of the phrase would be determined based on several pieces of data maintained in the feeder system.

If there is a way to transfer a phrase that is up to 100-character phrase via GTS structure during the creation of the billing document, I'm not aware.

Thanks for your feedback and insight.

Chris

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Sorry to ask again for more detail, but where exactly is the phrase intended to go in the Export Declaration?  I can't see any field in the PLDA item that can take 100 characters.

I'm asking because I'd like to know if the phrase really has to be transferred to a Text Object, or if it could be in a Document (e.g. 'CUAI' Additional Information).

Transfer of up to 255 characters is easily possible, so we just need to understand the best destination.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the great questions.

The phrase needs to appear in Box 33 of the Export Declaration.

Thanks again,

Chris

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Box 33?  But surely that's the Commodity Code - always numeric?

Maybe I'm getting confused.  Do you mean the Goods Description in Box 31?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

That was my mistake. Yes, Box 31 shall contain the phrase needed - not Box 33.

Thank you,

Chris

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The only Box 31 field in the XML Export message is 'goodsDescription', although admittedly it takes up to 500 characters (I missed that point previously).  In the GTS iDoc, you are limited to 132 characters.

Probably the easiest way will be to determine the text to be transferred in the ERP BAdI /SAPSLL/IFEX_SD0C_R3, Method IF_EXTEND_CUS_CDOC.  Loop through the items, and append an entry to table CT_EXTENSION2; move CS_ITM_CDOC-GEN-ITEM_NUMBER into field ROW, and the text into field VALUE.  You might also want to put an identifier in field FIELD, in case you later want to use the same technique for other data to be transferred.

In the GTS BAdI /SAPSLL/BADI_IFMAP_CUS_CDOC Method IF_MAP_CDOC, you can copy the text into a new field in the Customer Append structure /SAPSLL/CUIT_CUST_S (part of the Declaration Item table /SAPSLL/CUIT).  My suggestion would be to use Data Element /SAPSLL/TEXT120.  Loop through the entries in IS_API_IF-ITM_T, select the IT_EXTENSION2 entry using the ITEM_NUMBER field, select the CS_CDOC_CUST-CUIT entry using the ITEM_GUID, and copy the text across.

Finally, in the GTS BAdI /SAPSLL/CUS_ECC Method MODIFY_IDOC_DATA, you can copy the text (up to 132 characters) into the iDoc during the sending of the Customs Declaration.  You will need to over-write segment /SAPSLL/E2CCEIT2, replacing field TDLINE.  Hopefully your developer can work out exactly what to do.

That should give you a working solution, although the users won't be able to see the text in the GTS Declaration.  If that's problem, you'll need to work out how to copy the text into the item text area.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Answers (0)