Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Data Is Executed When in the GTS Interface

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just want to confirm with the group of when the Default Data is executed in the GTS Interface.  When the interface is running on the GTS-side, there are several user exits (BaDIs) that are available. Does anyone know if the Default Data is executed prior to the BaDIs or is it last in the interface thread?

Please let me know.

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

The BAdI /SAPSLL/CUHD_PROP (Header and Item methods) comes after the Data Proposal has already run.

Regards,

Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Is there an exit prior to the Default Data? Or is there a way to change Default Data behavior to work after the exit?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Generally, no.  However, what exactly are you trying to achieve?  Maybe I have some ideas?...

Regards,

Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Well, I am assuming you know about the New US Legal Regulations with Ultimate Consignee Type (UCT). Our feeder systems were not ready to implement the changes to the GTS interface for this topic. So, it was decided to pass the code in one of the additional data fields.

On the GTS-side, I took that code and placed in the proper fields using /SAPSLL/CUHD_PROP as you mentioned earlier. However, if the business was not up to speed maintaining the values to be sent to GTS, then idea was to use Default Data.... assuming Default Data was after the BaDIs. Well, based on above, we (I) now know that this is not correct and the Default Data is before the BaDIs.

I was trying to get away from creating a stupid default data tabel to use in the BaDI, but it seems I have no choice. Unless you have something up your sleeve?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Though the default data is before the BADIs. If you clear the respective field in the declaration and re-run Edit- >Default Data Menu from the change mode of Declaration, system will pick up the data from Default data proposal.

Thanks

Dhilipan

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

True, but not what I want.... I think I will have to change the BaDI so that if a value is sent in the additional data, then replace the Default Data proposal. 

Yep...That is what I will have to do.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

The easiest way (in terms of not using Implicit Enhancements or hacking the standard code) will be to use the BAdI to re-run the DP for the field in question, and over-write the proposed value - building on your response to Dhilipan.

Provided the DP configuration won't change - and realistically you have to make that assumption - you can select the data from table /SAPSLL/DPDATA, using the fields:

• GENPRO - the DP procedure
  • LGREG - the Legal Regulation
  • TARGET - the target fieldname
  • DPFCMB - the Field Combination name
  • DPKEY - the values of the fields in that Combination

The new value is to be obtained from field DPVALTRG.  Obviously it's simpler to code if you only have one Field Combination in the access.  Hopefully you are (or have) a reasonably good developer?

Hope that helps - and thanks for scoring my answer anyhow!

Regards,

Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

It is simpler than that...

* Move Ultimate Consignee Type From ADDDA2 To UCTYP (Interim Solution) (US)

If iv_lgreg = 'US'.

If NOT CS_HEADER-ADDDA2+7(1) is INITIAL.

CS_HEADER-UCTYP = CS_HEADER-ADDDA2+7(1).

EndIf.

EndIf.

So, if no code passed, then the default data proposed value is not changed.

Answers (0)