Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDQA - Reassignment of Order Confirmations

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to understand the practical application of the option - 're-assignment of order confirmation' functionality in EDQA process in GATP ?

As per definition it is ----

"During this process the event-driven quantity assignment (EDQA) executes a reassignment of order confirmations (ROC) in order, for example, to assign confirmed quantities from items with a low priority to items with a high priority"

If that is the case then where does orders with 'high' priority which are not confirmed in the first place (i.e. at the time of sales order creation) come into picture in this process ? Other way round, what is the purpose of processing only the confirmed orders together leaving unconfirmed orders (may be with high priority) aside ?

So in which business case this option of ROC is applicable ?

Also, does ROC update the re-assigned confirmations back in ECC Sales Orders and when ?

Regards,

YR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello YR,

ROC - Reassignment of Confirmation is very much useful in the business context where you'd like to keep the system updated with the correct confirmations specially in a FMG scenarios.

Imagine a situation like this. You have a stock of 100 Pcs. There is a low priority order that has been entered at 10:00 AM and it took all the 100 PCs of stock. Now, there is another high priority document that came in at 03:00 PM. In this case, ROC gets triggered and takes the stock away from the lower priority document. If your business process is such that you can wait till the next day for the correct confirmations, then you don't need ROC and overnight BOP processes are enough to handle this.

And, yes ROC does real time update to both the sales orders ( donor and reciever ) as there is a small BOP that triggers in the background to exchange the confirmations. The Sales order in ECC system gets updated with the help of a queue.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation Babu.

So what I understand is, it takes away the supply away from low prio order at the time of SO creation itself.

Further to this, whats the sequence in which the entire loop gets closed ?

I mean, is there any activity to be carried out in APO ? I am referring to transaction /SAPAPO/ODL where we select ODL of type 'SPL' (for ROC) and execute. Is the re-assignment taking place here or it has already been taken place when the high priority order was created in ECC ? In line with this, at what point the update in ECC document takes place ?

YR

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello YR,

You can observe the behavior in the system after setting up the system as per the config steps given in the SAP Help documentation. Regards to the query, yes - the confirmation to higher priority document will happen right during the sales order creation, however the de-confirmation of the lower priority document happens through BOP run that happens in APO when the high priority document gets saved.

A simple setup in your system would answer all the questions.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure..I will do the set up and check it for details.

Thanks a lot....

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I carried out the scenario in system and observed that apart from configuration, one checkbox needs to be ticked in Integrated Rule Maintenance. (Activate Reassignment of Order Confirmations).

Looks like it is mandatory. Is it ? To me not all business scenarios need RBA. 

As you rightly said the re-assigment (In my case is it stock) to high-prio order took place at the time of order creation. However de-confirmation of lower prio order didnt take place after saving high-prio order.

Any clues if I am missing some step ?

Thanks,

YR

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two points :-

1) Yes, ROC needs a rule and you need to activate RBA. But, this does not mean you also need to provide a Substitution procedure. You can make a dummy rule that will just have this check box ticked.

2) If your order is not getting de-confirmed you need to check the work flow settings ? Was there a ROC BOP that got triggered ? Was it terminated ? Did it not send the updates to ECC ?

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked workflow settings. They are correct it seems.

How do I check if ROC related BOP got executed or not ?

YR    

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to t-code /SAPAPO/EDQA and see if the ROC BOP is there or not.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dhaivakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi YR

We are using extensively ROC functionality for our business requirement.

We are using 2 order types , one for stock order and another one for Emergency order type  and we have activated ROC for emergency order type rule .example I have stock 10 qty , initially stock assign to the stock order and confirmed.Before check and combine( outbound delivery creation ),if we receive a emergency order , during gATP check system will reassign stock from stock order to emergency order and stock order  will become a backorder.

second scenario

EDQA will trigger based on stock changes ( inbound delivery, sales order cancel..etc.) if you have emergency order as Backorder , if any stock changes system will check the stock and confirmed orders , qty will  reassign to emergency order.

Please let me know if you have question .

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaivakumar/Babu ,

In line with Babu's explainations, I would like to point out that I do not see the any entry in /SAPAPO/EDQA.

Can you please help me out in here ?

YR

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello YR,

If you do not see an entry in /SAPAPO/EDQA transaction, the only possible reason that I could think of is that there would be an error with WF settings or ROC Config in your system. Did you setup the necessary ODLs properly and triggered the ROC with the correct event ?

Were you also able to see the ROC confirmation picture when you did the ATP check in online mode.

Once you check all these things, you may get a clue. Unfortunately, as I do not know how your system has been setup I may not be able to point to the exact cause.

Hope this explanation helps.

Babu Kilari

SCM APO Consultant

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

In  /SAPAPO/EDQA_OS (EDQA simulation) the message is ....Process Is Not Active (status display)

In transaction SWETYPV, linkage in active

Also in transaction /SAPAPO/EDQA_EC I checked that the linkage is active.

What am I missing in this entire process ?

YR

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello YR,

Please revisit the configuration in /SAPAPO/EDQA_PD transaction as well and make sure that the process category relevant settings are configured as expected.

Babu Kilari