cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver GWPA/Eclipse/Android Multiple Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this issue

I have an installion of Netweaver GWPA, Android SDK and Eclipse Juno configured and running perfectly on my Computer. How can I distribute this as standardised Installation for 14 other Computers?

I tried the "eclipse" way of copying the folder, but it ignores de GWPA and Android SDK... as though they were never installed.

I have noticed that some repository files are created under the user, but since we are working in a lab and students can Login to any Computer, how can I optimize this so that they can work on their Projects in any Computer?

Thanks

Mariela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For android SDK error,  did you also copy the Android SDK files to other systems and, because its not just the ADT plugin , the ADT plugin without the SDK may not work .

For plugins installation to multiple users you can follow any of the two approaches

1) Eclipse stores its plugins, etc. under .eclipse directory of your user home. Therefore if you are mentioning about plain distribution of your eclipse compilation to the other machines - just copy both eclipse folder from where you've installed your eclipse + .eclipse folder from your user home.

but please note that transferring plugins are great, but there are lots of settings eclipse stores in the workspace; that means they are lost when transferring to another machine without the previous workspace copied also. So it is suggested to install Workspace Preferences Transferrer plugin which allows to easily copy almost all of your settings while switching to the new workspace. It might be helpful in this situation..

2) you can also export the plugins and import them

Mostly Notes For Myself: Installing eclipse plugins for multiple users

but since we are working in a lab and students can Login to any Computer, how can I optimize this so that they can work on their Projects in any Computer?

For student to access their own workspace from any system , the workspace is to be available anytime.  Normally a Git can be used to maintain the projects , to version control and safeguard the files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viru,

Thank you very much for your tips... Android is not a problem but the Netweaver GWPA plugins yes... they seem to disappear in the Limbo, naturally because of where they are stored... so I will try out your suggestions and let you know how successful I am.

Best regards,

Mariela

Answers (0)