cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPO_NUM V.S rspo/spool_id/max_number

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know there are two settings related to spool requests. One is the number range of SPO_NUM in client 000, the other is the parameter rspo/spool_id/max_number.

In my system the previous one is 100—999,999 with current value 500,112, while the latter one is 99,000.

What’s the difference between them?  Can I say only the previous one takes effect?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xu Yan,

From the documentation and SAP Note 48284 - System can no longer create spool requests

rspo/spool_id/max_number : Maximum spool number in system

The parameter determines the maximum possible spool number in the system. The customer cannot change this value. The only value permitted is 99000, the same size as rspo/spool_id/loopbreak.

You can raise the upper limit for spool requests. As of Release 4.0, you can set the upper limit to anywhere between 2 and 31 numbers (previously 99,000). However, we recommend that you do not set the interval higher than 999,999 because the human user finds higher numbers difficult to process.

The size of the interval also determines the maximum number of spool requests that can exist in the system.

Both the parameters are different. I can say that rspo/spool_id/max_number is not of use if we set the number range object SPO_NUM to value higher than 99,000 ( upper cap for this parameter rspo/spool_id/max_number). But it is not recommended to have values higher than 999,999 as per SAP note 48284.

Practical suggestion is keep the value to SAP recommended one and regularly schedule housekeeping jobs

SAP_REORG_JOBS

SAP_REORG_SPOOL

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)