cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

metrics of EWA for managed system are in gray

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have solman7.1, system configuration and basic configuration are all successfully, we have a managed system, the Managed system configuration are successfully, in system monitoring, we see all EWA metrics are in gray.

but EWA report was generated successfully.

Could you please advise what could be the cause and how can i fix this gray issue?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I manage a SolMan 7.1 SP8 system and experienced the same problem.

It's related to some authorizations missing. Please check SAP note 1570399.

Regards,

MM

0 Kudos

Dear MM,

I have already done following

1. downloaded roles from 1570399 and changed to my name conversion and assigned to the user SM_EFWK.

2. rerun basic configuration

3. re-run managed system configuration

4. rebooted SAPOSCOL and DAA

BTW, i have other production systems grouped in one other Solution, and EWA report generated successfully, from System Monitoring, i can see these production's EWA matrics are green.

Could be the problem with my EWA report? 

My feeling is the EWA report's data failed to transfer to Alerting framewrok.

What else can i check?

Thanks.

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my landscape, the grey sign was affecting only systems with a JAVA stack. And the instructions on the note I suggested, solved the issue. EWA of ABAP only systems were always OK.

Before implementing the note, I had a lot of inactive extractors. After that, most of them became active and a couple of weeks after, the EWA were OK.

Regards,

MM

0 Kudos

Dear MM,

I appreciate your reply on this.  Let's see what it will be tomorrow, some matrics could take some time to get data from managed system. I hope so.

Have a nice day.

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please bear in mind that EWA metrics are collected only once per week ususally on a Monday so you could check today and see if the metrics are being collected? If not you could check if the data provider delivers data or not using the E2E_DPC_GET_DATA_CHECK program.

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Dear Jansi, Yes, the check mark is selected for my managed system.

Dear Roland,  After Monday 4am, i see EWA report for my managed system is generated.

How can i use the program E2E_DPC_GET_DATA_CHECK to test the data provider?

Where to find Metric ID and Managed Object ID?

Appreciate all your reply. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Roland, How can i test specific extractor or data provider?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just make sure whether you set the "Activate ewa alerts in alert inbox" check box

in step5 -> Enter system parameters -> managed system configuration

Thanks

Jansi