Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a question related to ODS.

I need to be able to send data of SFC, NC, DC Collection and Shop order to ODS for three months and do not need them in WIP data base after that.

What settings I need to check and do for this?

Would be grateful for your reply.

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please walk through this How-To Guide.

The general idea is as following:

1) deleting (in WIP) all of the mentioned data is done by means of Archiving;

2) Archiving puts the data to AR_* tables of ODS database - this just stores the data;

3) ODS ETL scripts put the data of SFC, NC and SO (not DC) to ODS_* tables for the purpose of reporting;

4) there is another production-related data which can be deleted by means of ODSWIPAging script only.

Thus if you need no ODS reporting, then you just need to align Archiving and ODSWIPAging. Otherwise, all 3 processes should be aligned.

For documentation on Archiving, please check the online help:

Archiving - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

Setting Up Automatic Archiving - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sargiy,

My target is to archive 60 days old ShopOrder, SFC and DataCollection data from WIP to ODS. As per “Setting Up Archiving” document I have configured the following steps in SAP ME

In “System Rule Maintenance” I have made the following changes

1. Archive Component When Parent Archived – True
  2. Archive SFCs When Shop Order Is Closed or Done – True
  3. Days Before Archiving SFC/SO – 60

Then in “Background Processing” I have set the “Archiving” enabled and set the time Run Every - Every (X) Minutes and After or (Interval) – 15

But no data is moving to ODS  AR_SFC or AR_SHOP_ORDER table.

Next, as per Installation Guide of SAPME 6.1 (T066_CIG_SAPME_61_FINAL) I am trying to install scripts. I am following step -  4.2 SAPME Scripts. My questing is after installing the script, which script do I need to run for archiving those data from WIP to ODS. ODS will be my permanent storage for those data I don’t need to delete those data from ODS.  Could you please help me to complete the archiving process.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chandan,

Your request is a good (read "big") question to consulting team because it requires aligning Archiving and ODS processing. It looks as if you have not got the main point of my previous reply: moving the data to ODS database can be done for storage purpose (Archiving) and for reporting purpose (ODS processing). And I do not see that you have determined which one is yours.

Archiving can be triggered from Background Processing and from SAPME Scripts. This should not be duplicated. Archiving every 15 minutes is rather often. Normally archiving should be scheduled for afterhours rather than working hours. For Archiving details, please consult this How-To Guide.

The bottom line is that providing all instructions of setting up Archiving/ODS processing for your needs is a bit more than what can be put into a post on the forum. If you had some specific question about a specific technical detail, this can be answered.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I agree with you that archiving should be scheduled at non-working hrs. But I am trying it in my development system for testing purpose and that's why I put the time 15 minutes.

I read the same document for archiving process though it is for ME 15.0 (but I am using ME 6.1). As per the document I have setup the background process but I did not get any data in ODS AR_* table and that's why I am trying it through Script.

Could you please tell me whether I did any mistake for background process setup.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should work if you have what to archive.

1. If there is something to archive but it does not, try to set those rules to FALSE.

2. Check SQL trace. "SQL Trace" and "Archive" options in SAP ME Logging Configuration needs to be turned on.

3. Try Archive activity from GUI to check if path between WIP and ODS is OK.

4. Try Archive.bat script from SAPME Scripts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandan

Probably, the required JVM settings have not been applied:

1. Start the SAP NetWeaver AS Java Config Tool using the configtool.bat or configtool.sh script.

2. Choose the template node located in the navigation tree.

3. Expand View on the main menu bar and enable Expert Mode.

4. Choose the VM Parameters and Additional tab containing JVM settings, and add a new parameter: -Dvm.bkg.processor = true

5. Restart the SAP NetWeaver instance.

Then retest the archive background processing

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I have installed the Scripts in my development environment. I run the Archive.bat script manually and it is working. The following table's data are archived in ODS

AR_CUSTOM_FIELDS,

AR_HOLD_DETAIL,

AR_HOLD_LOG,

AR_SHOP_ORDER,

AR_SHOP_ORDER_SFC,

AR_SHOP_ORDER_SFC_PLAN

But I am thinking why the SFC table data and SFC related PARAMETRIC data are not moved from WIP to ODS AR_* table. Do you have any suggestion for those?

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

If the script works, then Background Processing seems to need -Dvm.bkg.processor java option, like Stuart mentioned earlier.

As to the tables, it is strange that you have not metioned AR_SFC and other AR_SFC_* tables. Please check them. If there are records for SFCs which have parametric data but those parametric data keep sitting in WIP.PARAMETRIC* tables, then it might be a bug.

As a workaround, you can turn on "Store Data Collection Results in ODS" so that parametric data gets written to ODS at once, without storing in WIP at all.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I will check the background processing but before that I want to try it once through Script. I did not mention AR_SFC and AR_PARAMETRIC_MEASURE tables because SFC table data and PARAMETRIC_MEASURE table data from WIP are expected to move AR_SFC and AR_PARAMETRIC_MEASURE tables in ODS. That's why I have mentioned ODS AR_* tables for  SFC table data and SFC related PARAMETRIC data.

I have checked SFC list which has PARAMETRIC data but those parametric data are not moved. You suggested to turn on "Store Data Collection Results in ODS" but it can be a problem for my requirement. If I turn on "Store Data Collection Results in ODS" then in ME Data Collection Result report will not show any report for a particular SFC. It will affect my current process.

Thanks again

Chandan

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I am just trying the script now and next as per your suggestion I will check the background process. I will provide you update.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if I fully understand which SFC data you checked. I wanted to clarify whether any records are in AR_SFC table. And if there are, then do they have parametric data still left in WIP? If so, it is a bug. Make sure you are using the last release of SAP ME.

As to the reports, are you sure that if "Store Data Collection Results in ODS" is turned on, then the report does not show the parametric data for SFCs sitting in WIP? Have you tested this? If so, then it might need discussion with SAP ME Management team to consider a change to the design.