cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the Special Character

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was an error in one of our interfaces we are getting an error message in PI.

The reason for the failure is that there exists a SPECIAL CHARACTER in one of the fields <KTEXT>M&amp;S TC Café Bar Port Stilton 40g</KTEXT>    (é  is a special character that PI will not handle, the first occurrence of the field <KTEXT>). Kindly Confirm.

Kindly let us know how we could handle this issue w.r.t PI.

I have seen in the below link that .., (in page-1) it says......, UTF-8 and all ISO-8859 codepages are based on ASCII. Therefore they are compatible

when only printable characters from ASCII are used. Other characters like European ä, ê, ñ, š and letters from other alphabets are represented differently or are only available in specific codepages.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...

Its happening in the PRODCUTION SYSTEM. With the previous error we have asked our immediate source system to replay the message by removing the SPl. Char. Hence question been raised if the same can be handled by the MS system, y it cant be handled from SAP PI end.

Can someone pls let me know whether we need to do any changes in the CODEPAGE level. Is it Possible?  Or do we need any help from our BASIS Team. Please share any workaround as it may happen it furture too.

Additional Info: The data is coming from the VENDOR system and through an EDI Track system (pass through system) --> goes into MS system (JMS adapter used) - and comes in SAP PI and finally to SAP ECC.

Regards

Karthi Sivaprakasam

** No email ID & Telephone number **

Message was edited by: Agasthuri Doss " SCN Moderator "

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have checked in the Dev Envi , I have tried it in Test tab and it works fine in the mapping - from Test Tab.

Then I have tried to trigger it from the RWB- Test Message and its successfully processed in SXMB_MONI.

Now I have given that XML File to my immediate source team (JMS-MS team) and asked them to trigger it from their end. And awaiting for the results.

Anything else needs to done from PI end other than adding Module  Key in the Module Tab.

Please Note: I have not added the Module Key yet. Based on the results I will do the changes..

Regards

Karthi.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

You need to test the scenario end to end (from JMS queue to ECC).

Please make sure that the RFC destination are unicode enabled in all environment. refer the below wiki

Unicode option in SM59 cannot be changed - ABAP Connectivity - SCN Wiki

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

I have the same problem sometimes with special chars, like "Ñ", I have solved it, but i do'nt know if this is a global solution:

1. -Create the structure as Data Type without the special chararters.
  2. -Export the Data Type as XSD
  3. -Edit (I use Notepad ++)the XSD and add the special char.
  4. -Save the XSD as UTF-8 code.
  5. -Import as External Definition, and use this object instead of Data Type for the mapping and SI.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

S Error in Graphical Mapping., I have not tested in the mapping, since i dont have payload...,

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

I think the error should not be because of special char. Please execute the payload in graphical mapping test tab.

regards,

Harish

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

If you are sure that you are getting the above error due to special characters, pls check below blog to replace the special characters.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46151/

Regards,

Pranil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi

Use message transformation bean in the sender JMS adapter and change the xml encoding from UTF-8 to iso-8859-1 .

This should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Its failing in PI mapping., below is the error msg..,

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_I112_InboundInvoicing_WMQ_TO_SA~</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.Parser~</SAP:P3>

and below is the payload:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/TEMP/Local Set...

<VPREI>13.50</VPREI><PEINH>1</PEINH><E1EDP02

SEGMENT="1"><QUALF>001</QUALF><BEL...

Regards

Karthi SP

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathi,

the error is in graphical mapping? or any other mapping (java, XSLT etc?)?

Did you try to test the payload in mapping (ESR level)?

regards,

Harish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

In which step you are getting the error? Please provide the error detail and scenario detail.

PI can handle the special char.

regards,

Harish