cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI 4.1 SP2 installtion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Wea re installing SAP BI 4.1 SP2 with Windows OS  and Micorsoft SQl Server 2012 ,we have downloaded the media from service market place.

Now the issue I am very new to BO environment,now my doubt is we have alreday instlled bi abapa and bi java (sap nw 7.4sr1) .

we want to use saem databsae for BO also.

In order to install what are the datbase levelkaction we need create new database like audit and cms or we need create users .

Please calrify me .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using sql server 2012 datbase for BO prospective.

Now my doubt is for example while installing the SAP installtion will give DB sid and its automatcally cretae dthe datbase.

For BO we need to create nay manula steps or it will create automatically?

If manually can u please suggest the procedure what re the things needs to be take care .

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It will create at the time SAP installation time

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thnaks for your prompt response ,It means for BO 4.1 SP2 while installtion it will create automatically audit and config databases automatically.Please confirm.

\If possible can you please share any document or refrence info .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In order to install BI platform 4.1 SP2 ,As per my analysis ,we should create the database manually (i.e. CMS Audit ,CMS Config database)

Below are the databases needs to be create in hostname of server:

SID(BO) : XOA

1)      BOBJ_CMS

2)      BOBJ_AUDIT

We required the above databases owner username and password as well for installation.

above procedure coreetc or not for the bobj database installtion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suggest on above ,above procedure is correct to do bo installtion for db activities

Advance Thnaks

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I thing its not require to create any database before starting the installation. could you refer the Installation guide

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001063062013E/sbo41sp2_bip_inst_win_en.pdf

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks for your prompt resonse.

why we need create a databse manullay is we need to use exsiitng datbase only.

our apps will one sever and db will be in one serve .

Plase suggets

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly follow things

1. As for as i know in MS SQL DB, No need to create the any Database before starting the SAP installations. during the SAP installation DB instance getting created in the standalone installations.

2. You are taking about SAP on Distributed system.

2.1 SAP Global Host preparation

2.2 Database installation on DB server, DB instance based on SID

2.3 SAP Central Application system

Kindly check and tell us

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sr,

I am installing BO system (i.e SAP BI 4.1 SP2 installtion) in that there is no global preparation and datbase installtion ,centarl apllictaion.

for this we need to run exe (setup) file,setup will not run like our sap installtions.

Its a complete diffrent installation.

Thats why we are creating manual datbase

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Its is possible to install BOBJ in to exsiting datbase ,we need to select the option create exsiitng database while installtion of BOBJ ,then after that you need to create ODBC conenctions then installtion goes on.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you did get the MS SQL license from SAP then it is not possible to use that DB for another product.

It is not clear if BI license does include DB license but I'm afraid it does not.

Try to get in touch with your SAP dealer/account manager to check this, and please keep the thread updated.

You should have asked your question in the appropriate area you would have get more answers.

Regards

1952968 - Can a non-sap usage database be added in the existing SAP SQL Server enviroment?